FI:DCIPR A lecture in a foreign languag - Course Information
DCIPR A lecture in a foreign languageFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Petr Hliněný, Ph.D.
Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Faculty of Informatics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- A lecture in English followed by a discussion at a professional forum (e.g. international conference, Informatics Seminar). A co-tutor is available to help student with the formal and other requirements of a proper presentation. This must be undertaken successfully prior to the submission of the application for the State Doctoral Exam.
- A lecture starts by a short introduction followed by necessary technical definitions and presentation of the main results.
- A manual of English for foreign students : an essentially modern English grammar with chapters on spelling, pronunciation, vowel combinations, voiced and voiceless consonants, letter and essay writing, common errors in English, idioms, punctuation, synon. info
- English grammar : for students of English as a second language (Variant.) : Rapid review of English grammar : for students of English as a second language. info
- English dictionary for advanced learners, English grammar, English usage, thesaurus and the 5-million-Wordbank from the bank of English [CD-ROM]. London: HarperCollins, 2001. 1 elektron. info
- Teaching methods
- There is no exam or test, the only required outcome is the lecture itself. Student can present the lecture in front of a co-tutor who provides a proper feedback.
- Assessment methods
- There is no exam or test, the only required outcome is the lecture itself.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses