FI:DPUBL Preparation of a publication - Course Information
DPUBL Preparation of a publicationFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Petr Hliněný, Ph.D.
Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Faculty of Informatics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- A compulsory course for PhD students. The aim is to prepare an article in English for a journal or conference proceedings. Student has a co-tutor available to help him/her with formal and scientific requirements of a proper publication. This requirement must be successfully fulfilled before submitting an application for the State Doctoral Exam.
- A PhD student prepares an original scientific paper with the help of his/her coauthors.
- Basic English dictionary (Variant.) : The general Basic English dictionary : giving more than 40,000 senses of over 20,000 words, in Basic English. info
- Dictionary of English language and culture (Variant.) : Longman dictionary of English language and culture [1992, Longman] : Longman dictionary of English language and culture [1998, Longman]. info
- Teaching methods
- The publication is based on the original results achieved by the student. There is no special tuition, but student has a co-tutor available for help.
- Assessment methods
- There is no exam or test, the only expected outcome is the original scientific paper.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses