FI:IV127 Adaptive Learning Sem. - Course Information
IV127 Adaptive Learning SeminarFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus 1 for the colloquium). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Radek Pelánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Radek Pelánek, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Mon 12:00–13:50 A220
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Krom schopnosti číst odborný anglický text je klíčovým předpokladem pouze zájem o studovanou oblast.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students gain experience with reading and presenting research papers and they perform and present their own research and development in the area of adaptive learning.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to critically assess current research and development in the area of adaptive learning.
- Presentation of research papers from research areas relevant to the Adaptive learning lab - educational data mining, machine learning, cognitive psychology. Development of educational systems, analysis of educational data, presentation and discussion of results.
- Advances in intelligent tutoring systems. Edited by Roger Nkambou - Jacqueline Bourdeau - Riichiro Mizoguchi. Berlin: Springer, 2010. xxii, 508. ISBN 9783642143625. info
- WOOLF, Beverly Park. Building intelligent interactive tutors : student-centered strategies for revolutionizing e-learning. Burlington, MA: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2009. xii, 467. ISBN 9780123735942. info
- Teaching methods
- Student presentations, moderated discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Project work, presentation, active participation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Teacher's information