FI:IV128 Online Communication - Course Information
IV128 Online Communication from Social Science PerspectiveFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/2. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ondřej Sotolář (seminar tutor), Mgr. Lenka Knapová (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Fri 10:00–11:50 C416
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 88 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This seminar should introduce basic theories and research of online communication, what will help students of informatics to better understand to specifics of online communication.
- Learning outcomes
- - knowledge of basic theories of online communication - knowledge of theories related to experimenting with online identity - knowledge of theories and empirical research related to trust in online information
- 1. Intro 2. Communication theory 3. Reliability of online data 4. Privacy in virtual world 5. Phishing 6. A methodology of online communication 7. Communication in virtual teams. 8. Addiction to online communication 9. Health and internet 10. Mediation of using internet 11. Safe online behavior 12. Research in online security 13. Conclusions
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical homework, group work on the presentation of the selected topic and final seminar work.
- Assessment methods
- Evaluation is based on activity during participation in seminars, development, and presentation of final seminar work.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/IV128