FI:PA036 Database System Project - Course Information
PA036 Database System ProjectFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 17. 2. to Thu 7. 5. Wed 14:00–15:50 A318; and Wed 13. 5. 14:00–15:50 B517
- Knowledge of database systems, data modeling and software engineering is expected and positive attitude to programming
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 36/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 48 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to analyze and create the assigned problem from the area of data processing, implement a solution to the problem and present results, typically performance results. The implementation assumes the use of a current database system, not excluding database installation in portable devices.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the student will be able to: - use a database storage system; - study and use advanced data processing techniques; - design and implement application performance tests; - document the test results and present them.
- Presenting project topics, creating a detailed assignment.
- Planning and managing project implementation using the GANTT chart.
- Project solution consultation.
- Presentation of a project solution proposal.
- Implementing the solution and consulting it.
- Executing performance tests.
- Presentation of the project implementation, results achieved and evaluation of the work time schedule.
- recommended literature
- Řízení projektů. Edited by Milton D. Rosenau. Vyd. 1. Praha: Computer Press, 2000. xiv, 344. ISBN 8072262181. info
- SVOZILOVÁ, Alena. Projektový management. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2006. 353 s. ISBN 8024715015. info
- SMITH, Gregory. PostgreSQL 9.0 high performance : accelerate your PostgreSQL system and avoid the common pitfalls that can slow it down. 1st pub. Birmingham: Packt Publishing, 2010. xiii, 442. ISBN 9781849510301. info
- DOUGLAS, Korry and Susan DOUGLAS. PostgreSQL : the comprehensive guide to building, programming and administering PostgreSQL databases. 2nd ed. Indianapolis: Sams Publishing, 2006. xxi, 1006. ISBN 0672327562. info
- Teaching methods
- Discussion at seminars, preparation of a team project including documentation, and presentation of project results.
- Assessment methods
- The credit will be awarded on the basis of the presentation of the project's intention at the seminar, the project's own realization, the submission of the project documentation and the presentation of the functional project at the seminar. Next, reviewing one project assignment of other students and participating in all presentations.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/PA036