FI:PB152cv Operating Systems - practicals - Course Information
PB152cv Operating Systems - practicalsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Petr Ročkai, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Baranová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Roman Lacko (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Henrich Lauko (seminar tutor)
Bc. Adam Matoušek (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Mrázek (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Lukáš Ručka (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lukáš Korenčik (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Petr Ročkai, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PB152cv/01: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Thu 18:00–19:50 A219, Z. Baranová
PB152cv/02: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 18:00–19:50 B130, R. Lacko
PB152cv/03: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 10:00–11:50 A219, H. Lauko
PB152cv/04: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 12:00–13:50 A219, H. Lauko
PB152cv/05: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 14:00–15:50 B130, A. Matoušek
PB152cv/06: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 16:00–17:50 A219, A. Matoušek
PB152cv/07: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Thu 10:00–11:50 A219, J. Mrázek
PB152cv/08: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Thu 12:00–13:50 A219, P. Ročkai
PB152cv/09: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Thu 16:00–17:50 A219, P. Ročkai
PB152cv/10: Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Wed 8:00–9:50 B130, L. Ručka
- PB153 Operating Systems Applications || PB152 Operating Systems || NOW ( PB152 Operating Systems )
It is recommended that the course is taken at the same time as PB071 Principles of low-level programming.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 61 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course extends the material covered in PB152 Operating Systems, particularly in the form of practical exercises. The main goal is to learn how to use operating system services when writing programs.
- Learning outcomes
- The student, after completing this course, should know how to:
- automate simple tasks by writing scripts
- use the basic POSIX interfaces in C programs
- work with files and directories
- program a simple multi-process service
- create an operating system image in a virtual machine
- 1. command interpreter
2. compiler, linker, creating programs
3. scripts 1, make
4. working with files
5. processes, fork
6. interprocess communication
9. automation, scripts 2
12. creating an OS image
- 1. command interpreter
- Teaching methods
- Seminar: solving practical exercises using a computer.
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in seminar groups, homework assignments during the semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/PB152cv