FI:VV063 Computers and Ergonomy - Course Information
VV063 Computers and ErgonomyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PaedDr. Hana Vrtělová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PaedDr. Hana Vrtělová
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Wed 19. 2. 16:00–17:50 A218, Wed 26. 2. 16:00–17:50 A218, Wed 4. 3. 16:00–17:50 A218, Wed 11. 3. 16:00–17:50 A218, Wed 18. 3. 16:00–17:50 A218, Wed 25. 3. 16:00–17:50 A218, Wed 1. 4. 16:00–17:50 posilovna pod Hradem, Wed 8. 4. 16:00–17:50 posilovna pod Hradem, Wed 15. 4. 16:00–17:50 posilovna pod Hradem, Wed 22. 4. 16:00–17:50 posilovna pod Hradem, Wed 29. 4. 16:00–17:50 posilovna pod Hradem, Wed 6. 5. 16:00–17:50 posilovna pod Hradem, Wed 13. 5. 16:00–17:50 posilovna pod Hradem
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 16/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 70 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Aim of the course is to teach the student to understand the basic principles of working ergonomy with PC and working desk techniques, to evaluate concrete working conditions and to prevent health impairment.
- Learning outcomes
- Successful graduates will gain:
understanding of basic principles of ergonomics of competer workplace;
some practical exercsises for correction of body deformation due to office work.
- 1. Theory: The Introduce. Ergonomy of the office workplace I.Practice: Ergonomic evaluation of the sulf workplace. 2. Theory: Ergonomy of the office wolkplace II (quality of indoo environment) Practice: Ergonomic simple ways improoving the workplace. Exercise with overballs. 3. Theory: Functional anathomy of the musculo-sceletal system. Practice: exercises for individual muscular groups. 4. Theory: Musculosceletar dysbalances. Practice: Tests of muscular dysbalances. 5. Theory: Biomechanic of musculosceletal system: Practice: Tests of muscular dysbalances - continue. 6. Theory: Right and wrong hold the body, stereotypes of mooving. Practice: Exercises for compensation of the wronghold of the body. 7.Theory: Functional anathomy of the musculosceletal system II: Physiology of the blood circulation. Practice: Exercises for the prevention of the blood stasis. 8. Theory: Repetitive strain injury (RSI) Syndrome. Practice: Exercises for compensation. 9. Theory: Pain and musculosceletal system. Practice: Exercises for compensation. 10.Theory: "The school of back". Practice: The right hold of the body during the different physical activities. 11. Theory: Fatigue, its sources and manifestations. Practice: Exercises for relaxation during the work with PC. 12. Stress, psychosocial load. Practice: Exercises for relaxation. 13. The load for eyes during the work with PC. Practice: Exercises for the decreasing of the eyes load. 14. Theory: The most common health problems during the occupational activities using PC. Practice: Exercises for compensation. 15. Theory: Nutrition for sedentary work. Practice: Self evaluation of nutritional habit, comparrison with dietary guidelines.
- * Phea Sant, S. Ergonomics, Work and Health. London : The Maxmillan Press LTD, 1991. ISBN 0-333-48997-7 * Daňková I, Hrubá,D.: Vybrané kapitoly z ergonomie v tisku * Glivický_, V., Hladký, A. škodí poíta našemu zdraví? 1. Vyd. Praha: COBEX Bo
- Teaching methods
- lectures, practical exercise, homeworks
- Assessment methods
- written tests, Coloquium
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.