FSpS:e007 Sociology in Sport - Course Information
e007 Sociology in SportFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Aleš Sekot, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Aleš Sekot, CSc.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Managament - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Managament - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Thu 12:00–12:50 A15/207
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Communication in English
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 21/20, only registered: 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Course objectives
- To become aware of fundamental problems and topics on mutual relations of sport and society.
- 1. Sport - conceptual perspective
- 2 Sport and society
- 3. Sport and culture
- 4. Sport and mass media
- 5. Sport versus socialization
- 6. Sport and youth
- 7. Masculinity versus feminity in the field of sport
- 8. Top performance sport versus leisure sport
- 9. Alternative sports
- 10. Sport mobility
- 11. Globalization versus sport
- 12. Fair play versus sport
- 13. Violence in sport
- 14. Fanship in sport
- 15. Future development in sport
- SEKOT, Aleš. Sociology of sport : topical issues. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2006. 130 s. ISBN 8073151332. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion (on different situation of sport in different cultures and countries), student s presentation, drills
- Assessment methods
- Writen text and discussion on its topic
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2019/e007