e012 HikingFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jan Jurečka (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jan Jurečka
Department of Athletics, Swimming and Outdoor Sports - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
Supplier department: Department of Athletics, Swimming and Outdoor Sports - Faculty of Sports Studies
- The ability to complete a full-day physical activity on lower intensity (walking approx. 25 km with 1000 m elevation per day for 4 consecutive days). Students need their own equipment - hiking boots, rainproof clothing, backpack (35-55 l)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 13/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
know the basic principles of mountain hiking
understand principles of orientation in nature (map and GPS)
work with information about mountains, walking, leisure time, hiking
- 4-day field trip in Jeseníky Mountains, CZ
- required literature
- JeseníkyPraděd, Králický Sněžník : turistická mapa : 1:50 000. Vizovice: ShoCart, 2003. 1 mapa. ISBN 80-7224-178-8. info
- recommended literature
- SKURKA, Andrew. The ultimate hiker's gear guide: tools & techniques to hit the trail. Washington, D.C.: National Geographic, 2012, 223 p. ISBN 1426209207.
- Jeseníky : [pěší turistické trasy]. Photo by Petr Bělaška. Vyd. 1. Třebíč: Akcent, 2008. 125 s. ISBN 9788072685042. info
- Teaching methods
- 4-day field trip October 2020 (dates will be specified) Jeseníky Mountains, CZ
- Assessment methods
- Group project - oral presantation (15 minutes) about hiking/tourism possibilities in your homeland.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 days.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2020/e012