FSpS:e034 Sport Management and HR - Course Information
e034 Sport Management and Human ResourcesFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Adam Kyselica (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D.
Division of Sport Management - Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
Supplier department: Division of Sport Management - Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 3/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- Upon successful completion of the subject, students will be able to: Understand the processes of human resources management in sport; Identify appropriate human resources strategy for various sport organizations, situations and events in sport ; Effectively participate in the processes of motivating people • Understand the relationship between leadership and sustainable HRM practices in sport organisations.
- Content: Seminars are devoted to the following topics : 1) Organizational strategy and personnel policy 2) Organizational structure and culture , values 3) Training and commissioning work 4) Motivation, motivational theory and practice , job satisfaction 5) Styles of leadership, transactional and transformational leadership 6) Evaluation of employees 7) Remuneration 8) The problems of seasonality and management of volunteers 9) Personal development planning and continuing professional development of staff.
- required literature
- NOVÁ, Jana, Tracy TAYLOR, Jens Peter SORENSEN, Ashlee MORGAN, Ladislav BEDŘICH a Zoran HELBICH. Case Studies. Human Resources Management in Sport. Brno: Faluty of Sports Studies, Masaryk Univesrity Brno, 2017. neuveden. ISBN 978-80-210-8486-5
- recommended literature
- Taylor, T., Doherty, A., & McGraw, P. (2008). Managing people in sport organizations: A strategic human resource management perspective. London, United Kingdom: Butterworth–Heinemann
- CHELLADURAI, P. Human resource management in sport and recreation. 2nd ed. Champaign: Human Kinetics, 2006. xxvi341 s. ISBN 0736055886. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars are using various case studies and other resources. The seminar will allow students to extend their understanding of the issue while developing analytical, presentation skills and managing their own performance. Self-study (Preparation for seminars) is a prerequisite for participation in the seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Individual seminar work on a given or chosen topic from a field of HRM in sport organization or sport events.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2020/e034