FSpS:bp1135 Medical Ethics - Course Information
bp1135 Medical EthicsFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PaedDr. Emanuel Hurych, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Eva Dolejší (assistant)
Mgr. Milan Mojžíš (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Emanuel Hurych, Ph.D.
Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- bp1135/01: Wed 19. 2. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 26. 2. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 4. 3. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 11. 3. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 18. 3. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 25. 3. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 1. 4. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 8. 4. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 15. 4. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, Wed 22. 4. 14:30–15:20 A15/207, E. Hurych
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- bp1995 Physiotherapy IV &&( bp1927 Introduction to Diagnostics and Therapy of Musculoskeletal Disorders || bp1903 Anthropomotorics )&& bp1197 Clinical kinesiology III
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physiotherapy (programme FSpS, B-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- Theoretical study of fundamental ethical problems of contemporary medicine with regard to issues various clinical disciplines - such as emergency medicine, oncology, transplantology, genetics, reproductive medicine, psychiatry, etc. Special attention is devoted to the presentation and implementation of new knowledge in medical practice. The seminar is a general summary and critical assessment of the topics below, seminars are devoted to detailed analyzes, discussions and kasuistics.
- 1) The subject of ethics, ethics in the philosophical position of systems ethics as a science. Problem areas medical ethics. 2) Major ethical systems currently having an impact on current bioethics - feminism, moral preskriptivismus, emotivismus, normative ethics. Epistemological problem of ethics. 3) Principles of medical ethics and bioethics: respect for autonomy, the principle neškodění, dobřečinění principle, the question justice. 4) Ethical problems associated with the beginning of life, ethical issues of assisted reproduction, Problems technological and social interventions in human reproduction, research on embryos, moral and legal status of human embryos. 5) Death and Dying, dying relationship, attitude to death, definition of death, hospice movement, respect for the dead body, ethical issues of transplantation and removal of organs from dead donors. 6) Euthanasia and assisted suicide, the practice in Holland, the results of the study Remmelingovy, slippery slope. Problems of Living Will and DNR, unnecessary treatment, neprodlužování life at any cost - moral distinction between active killing and letting the patient die patient. 7) The rights of patients. Talk about individual rights. Medical confidentiality, informed consent. Right refuse treatment, the refusal of Jehovah's Witnesses to accept transfusions. 8) Ethics of medical research - History, Nuremberg Code, Helsinki Declaration, informed consent, unethical experiments of our time, experiments on animals. The role of ethics committees, ethics committee at Ministry of Health, Council of Europe's attempts to unify the fundamental ethical practices. 9) Ethics and psychiatry - history of the phenomenon of madness, the question of social control of social deviance, involuntary treatment, the role of expert witnesses, the phenomenon of drug addiction, informed consent mentally ill, deprivation of incapacitation, research on incompetent patients. 10) Ethics and genetics, the ethical problems of genetic counseling, genetic intervention to somatic and germinal cells, prenatal diagnosis and preimplantation and ethical problems associated with them. Project human genome, the protection of genetic data, eugenics, stem cell research. 11) Ethics and oncology. The truth about the diagnosis, stage of adoption of this fact, the Ten Commandments on the information patient palliative care. The issue of AIDS - a demonstration of various ethical problems. 12) Ethics and pediatrics - the prenatal, newborn, child komunikabilní, adolescent, contact with family, hospitals and children hospitalized Charter on the Rights of the Child, an affected child.
- MUNZAROVÁ, Marta. Vybrané kapitoly z lékařské etiky. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2000. 65 s. ISBN 8021024992. info
- Vybrané kapitoly z lékařské etiky. Edited by Marta Munzarová. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2000. 57 s. ISBN 8021024178. info
- MUNZAROVÁ, Marta. Vybrané kapitoly z lékařské etiky. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2000. 67 s. ISBN 802102416X. info
- MUNZAROVÁ, Marta. Lékařská etika z pohledu judaismu (Medical ethics from the point of view of judaism). Praktický lékař, Česká lékařská společnost JEP, 1996, vol. 76, No 1, p. 38-39. ISSN 0032-6739. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Credit will be awarded for active participation in seminars. The colloquium will take place through the evaluation tests - X pass failed. Questions about the colloquium will be based on seminar topics and recommended literature.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/spring2020/bp1135