FSpS:bp1887 Biophysics - Course Information
bp1887 BiophysicsFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jana Kolářová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Vratislav Harabiš (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jana Kolářová, Ph.D.
Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Health Promotion - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Fri 6. 3. 9:00–12:00 SE4.166, 13:00–15:25 SE4.166, Fri 20. 3. 9:00–12:00 SE4.166, 13:00–15:25 SE4.166, Fri 3. 4. 9:00–12:00 SE4.166, 13:00–15:25 SE4.166, Fri 17. 4. 9:00–12:00 SE4.166, 13:00–15:25 SE4.166
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physiotherapy (programme FSpS, B-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: understand the principles of devices used in medicine with special emphasis on the area of physical therapy; identify possible risks which are connected with the use of some medical devices (with mechanical, electromagnetic or light character, ioniising radiation); define principles of safe use of these devices both for patients and for medical staff; understand physical principles of some physiological processes (blood circulation, respiration, origin of membrane potentials; apply basic biophysical knowledge on biophysics of sensory organs; orientate in the areas of information theory as well as medical infomatics.
- Introduction. Biophysical view on structure of matter.
- Biological effects of ionising radiation.
- Thermodynamic laws and entropy, thermodynamic processes in living organisms.
- Introduction into molecular biophysics (object of study and methods of study).
- Biophysics of biological membranes. Bioelectric phenomena.
- Biophysics of cardiovascular system.
- Biophysics of respiratory system.
- Biophysical function of sensory receptors. Biophysics of hearing and vision.
- Effects of mechanical forces and acoustic fields on living systems.
- Biological effects of electromagnetic fields and non-ionising radiation.
- Introduction into biocybernetics and modelling.
- Medical devices. Biosignals and their processing.
- Conventional X-ray imaging methods.
- Modern tomographic methods (CT, MRI).
- Diagnostic methods using radionuclides.
- Methods and devices for radiotherapy.
- Measurement of temperature.
- Optical laboratory devices.
- Optical diagnostic devices.
- Electrodiagnostic methods.
- Ultrasound imaging, Doppler and combined methods.
- Measurement of mechanical quantities.
- Methods and devicas for physical therapy.
- Modern physical methods used in surgery. Lithotripsy.
- Devices for substitution and support of body organs.
- recommended literature
- HRAZDIRA, Ivo, Vojtěch MORNSTEIN and Jiřina ŠKORPÍKOVÁ. Základy biofyziky a zdravotnické techniky. 1. vydání. Brno: Neptun, 2006. 312 stran. ISBN 8086850013. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and laboratory measurements with demonstrations
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam based on pre-defined set of questions. Credit for practicals can be obtained after handing in of all measurement records and after satisfactory solution of a simple multichoice test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/spring2020/bp1887