FSpS:bp2029 English Language Examination - Course Information
bp2029 English Language ExaminationFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Renata Prucklová (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Renata Prucklová
Language Centre, Faculty of Sports Studies Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: PhDr. Renata Prucklová
- (! bp012 Practical English Exam ) && ! NOW ( bp012 Practical English Exam ) && (! bp1029 Practical English Exam )
The level B1 of English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This is only an exam. The aim of the exam is to test whether the students have achieved the B1 level of English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The exam is compulsory, the last term it should be taken is at the end of the 6-th semester of studies.
- Learning outcomes
- There is no tuition in this subject. The aim is to prove the corresponding level of knowledge of the English language.
- Individual consultations are available for students upon request.
- recommended literature
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students : with answers. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1985. viii, 328. ISBN 052133683X. info
- Teaching methods
- This is only an exam, no teaching methods are applicable.
- Assessment methods
- The exam is both written and oral. All language skills will be tested: writing, listening, reading and speaking The written part comprises grammar, vocabulary, listening, and writing an e-mail letter. Oral part will deal with the topics included in autumn and spring semester syllabi (see materials to study under this code). All materials can be found under the codes v2039 (autumn term) and v2040 (spring term) in the section Interactive Syllabus. As for grammar, see also the section "Recommended reading".
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Teacher's information
- The exam at the end of the course comprises testing all language skills: speaking, reading, writing, listening. The written part comprises 2 listening tasks (gap filling + T/F questions), 2 reading tasks (gap filling, supplying the right paragraph title), 7 grammar tasks - sentence transformation (conditional clauses + passive voice + modal verbs), multiple choice (much, many, few + prepositions), inf.+-ing, articles, modal verbs, vocabulary (matching exercise) + writing an e-mail letter within an academic environment. The oral part will be based on the 13 topics posted in the materials to study. Materials to study: see codes v2039 (autumn term) and bp4003 (spring term).
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/spring2020/bp2029