FSpS:bk4003 English - Course Information
bk4003 EnglishFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/7/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Renata Prucklová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Daniela Dlabolová (assistant)
Mgr. Dana Otychová (assistant)
Mgr. Dita Trčková, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Renata Prucklová
Language Centre, Faculty of Sports Studies Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: PhDr. Renata Prucklová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Sports Studies Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- bk4003/01: Fri 9. 4. 10:55–12:35 Virtuální místnost, Fri 7. 5. 15:05–17:35 Virtuální místnost, Fri 14. 5. 13:25–15:05 Virtuální místnost, R. Prucklová
bk4003/02: Fri 12. 3. 15:05–16:45 Virtuální místnost, Fri 30. 4. 12:35–15:05 Virtuální místnost, Fri 14. 5. 10:05–11:45 Virtuální místnost, R. Prucklová
- B1 level of English according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is expected
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is designed to provide students with basic knowledge in various sport disciplines,and sport related topics while successfully mastering reading comprehension and oral as well as written reproduction in English. At the end of the course the students are required to have reached the level B1+ of CEF.
- Learning outcomes
- Graduates of this course will acquire basic command of professional terminology in sport science, health, anatomy and various sport disciplines. By the end of the course students will be able to effectively deliver presentations in English. In addition, students will gain better command of professionally relevant grammatical phenomena, where the improvement of mainly reproductive communication skills (proper pronunciation, correct spelling, apt use of stylistic registers in written communication and acquisition of basic lexical knowledge) will be emphasized and their eventual mastery expected.
- 1st Week: My Field of Study. Occupation and Employment / Writing CV/ Present Simple and Continuous:U3 2nd Week: The History of Sports, The Olympic Games/ Past Simple and Continuous:U6 3rd Week: Basic Human Anatomy/ Present Perfect Simple and Continuous :U7, U10 4th Week: Aspects of Exercise /Giving Instructions/Expressing the Future:U23 5th Week: Sports Injuries, Healthy Lifestyle/ 6th Week: Winter Sports/ Academic Writing – Letter 7th Week: Stadium Team Games/ Conditional U25 , U38 8th Week: Water Sports/ Passive Voice 9th Week: Court Games I/ Articles 10th Week: Athletics / Relative Clauses 11th Week: Gymnastics/ Collocations and Phrasal Verbs 12th Week: Academic Skills: Presentation 13th Week: Revision Lesson
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate learners of English : with answers. Fourth edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2012. x, 380. ISBN 9780521189064. info
- Teaching methods
- Language seminar: speaking,reading, listening, writing, presenting
- Assessment methods
- The course is taught in the form of seminars. Students will find topics for each week in the interactive syllabus section ("interaktivní osnova"), and prepare them for the following classes. The items: U3 etc. indicate the number of a unit in the above grammar textbook. The course is completed by an academic presentation on a chosen sport-related topic delivered by each student. After a proper registration, class-attendance becomes compulsory, 1 missed attendance is accepted.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.