FSpS:ei004 Challenges of Behavior Change - Course Information
ei004 Challenges of Behavior ChangeFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s) (plus 2 credits for an exam). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- Hege R Eriksen (lecturer)
Ans Kremer (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Michal Kumstát, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Nuno Pimenta (lecturer)
Aivaras Ratkevicius (lecturer)
Kris Zwemmer (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Michal Kumstát, Ph.D.
Department of Sport Performance and Exercise Testing - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Zuzana Florianová
Supplier department: Department of Sport Performance and Exercise Testing - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- Course objectives
- The course aims to explain the basic concepts related to stress reduction and healthy lifestyle improvement. The issue is approached from the perspective of teachers from different countries. A secondary objective of the course is developing group work in an international team by completing continuous tasks and case studies.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course student will be able to:
- Characterise the specifics of behaviour change
- Assist in designing physical activity to enhance healthy lifestyle
- Design a programme of physical and coping activities to reduce stress
- define the parameters important in developing a nutritional plan
- - Changing behavior
- - Physical activity
- - Stress reduction
- - Nutrition
- - Intensive Week
- - Future
- Teaching methods
- The course is part of the Blended intesive program. The first 5 weeks are online (theoretical lectures and group work with international students - practical discussions about case studies) and the last week is taught face-to-face at the host university.
- Assessment methods
- The course has 2 possible outcomes. If the student takes the Intensive week, he/she will finish the course with a team project presentation. In case the student does not participate in the Intensive Week, he/she finishes the course by completing continuous assignments.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: blokově.
- Teacher's information
- In this blended intensive program we will talk about the difficulties of changing behavior and your role as a Physical activity and lifestyle professional. We will have guest speakers from five European countries to lecture about topics related to lifestyle factors as physical activity, stress reduction and nutrition. In the group work you will be working on a case study together and are asked to come up with an intervention plan for someone with a chronic disease. In Europe and beyond, the impact of lifestyle related health problems requires new approaches. Combined interventions, with an emphasis on sports and physical activity, can play a major role in enhancing a healthy lifestyle for European citizens. For the development, implementation and evaluation of such interventions you are needed as the ‘Physical Activity and Lifestyle professional’. Lifestyle-related health problems such as obesity, diabetes mellitus type 2, several forms of cancer, heart disease and other adverse conditions are increasing public health problems which cause an enormous burden for the EU society. In light of the recent pandemic it shows that people with lifestyle-related health problems are more vulnerable to the Covid-19 virus. So all the more reason to come up with solutions for a healthy lifestyle.