FSS:ZUR588 Selected Topics - Course Information
ZUR588 Selected Topics in New Media StudiesFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Jakub Macek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Alena Macková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lenka Hrbková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Waschková Císařová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jiří Pavelka, CSc.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Bc. Pavlína Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Thu 11:30–13:00 Studio 527
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Media Studies and Journalism (programme FSS, N-KS)
- Course objectives
- The methodological course is focused on a specific research issue within the field of new media studies. The students will be trained in collecting and analysing qualitative semi-structured interviews as they will go through the whole research process, including data collection and analyses.
- New media in everyday life
- Quelitative research of new media and their users
- Audience ethnography
- Sample and data collection
- Interviews, terrain notes
- Final report
- Teaching methods
- theoretical introduction, workshops, individual and team research
- Assessment methods
- final group project
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials