FSS:ZURd0013 Publications I - Course Information
ZURd0013 Publications IFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Charles Michael Elavsky, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Jakub Macek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Alena Macková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Hana Macháčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Bc. Pavlína Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- In the course the student demonstrates the ability to publish scientific texts and present results of their scientific research, as an individual author or in co-authorship. The student typically works in collaboration with a supervisor, consultant or a research team. The student learns the principles of publishing, the process of writing professional texts, communication techniques with editors and how the entire review process works.
- Learning outcomes
- The course develops learning outcomes No.1, 2, 3 and 5.
- To complete the course the student must have an accepted publication in a peer-reviewed journal. The credit is awarded by the supervisor. The publication must either be published or at least accepted for publication in the journal. The threshold for this course is a publication in a Czech peer-reviewed journal (e.g. Mediální studia, E-psychologie, Sociologický časopis), with higher quality publications indexed in Scopus databases or Web of Science also a recognized output. It is also acceptable to publish a monograph with a Czech publisher. In such a case, the minimum for course recognition is 40% authorship.
- Teaching methods
- Self-study of the student, consultation with the supervisor
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2022/ZURd0013