FSS:ZURn6403 Project Internship - Course Information
ZURn6403 Project and Production InternshipFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/2. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Jaroslav Čuřík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jaroslav Čuřík, Ph.D.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Bc. Pavlína Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Media industries and production (programme FSS, N-MSZU)
- Media Studies and Journalism (programme FSS, N-KS)
- Media Studies and Journalism (programme FSS, N-MSZU)
- Media research and analytics (programme FSS, N-MSZU)
- Course objectives
- The course covers a compulsory internship of 6 weeks (ie at least 240 hours). The course is designed for the student specialization "Media Industries and Production" and takes the form of an internship in media or production organizations. Students are engaged in production activities and participate in projects and routine work at the organization providing the internship.
The connection of the internship with the preparation of the master's thesis greatly facilitates the creation of the final thesis.
On the other hand, a compulsory internship does not necessarily have to be explicitly linked to the diploma thesis.
Above all, the internship should correspond to the intended professional orientation of the specific student and enrich him / her with professional experience that goes beyond the boundaries of study. At the same time, it should make it possible to try and apply in practice (production, dramaturgy, etc.) what the students have learned so far.
At the same time, however, the following applies: the department highly recommends the connection of the internship with the topic or with the preparation of the master's thesis and will direct students to it. Practice can really make the creation of a final thesis much easier, because it leads to a synergistic connection of both key study experiences.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will:
- Have direct experience of media production
- better understand the functioning of media projects and organizations
- able to participate in teamwork
- 1. Administration of the internship
- 2. Internship
- 3. Consultations of the internship with the assigned tutor (one of the teachers of the department)
- 4. Internship report
- K předmětu s ohledem na jeho povahu není přiřazena literatura.
- Teaching methods
- internship, consultations
- Assessment methods
- confirmation of the internship, attendance to consultations, report
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2022, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2022/ZURn6403