PrF:MV734K Legal Protection of Compet. I - Course Information
MV734K Legal Protection of Competition IFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. JUDr. Josef Bejček, CSc. (lecturer)
JUDr. Robert Neruda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Michal Petr, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. David Raus, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. Josef Bejček, CSc.
Department of Commercial Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Vladimíra Vraná
Supplier department: Department of Commercial Law - Faculty of Law
- Mon 22. 9. to Fri 19. 12. Tue 13:30–15:00 215
- very good command of English
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Law (programme PrF, M-PPV)
- Course objectives
- Gaining the very newest and updated information on developments in Czech, European and US competition law. Training some practical skills needed in the contact with antitrust authorities. Insight into the last decision making of the European Commission and ECJ. Training of legal writings related to antitrust, designing of compliance programmes. Lectures will be conducted in English. Some materials will be available only in English version as well. Final thesis will be delivered in English.
- 1)Private and public competition law 2)European and national competition law 3)More economic approach in the protection of competition 4)Relevant market 5)Agreements distorting competition 6) dtto, part II 7)Abuse of dominant position 8) dtto, part I, intellectual property rights and competition 9) Abuse of economic dependence 10) Foundations of merger control 11)Merger control - proceeding. Competition in regulated industries 12)Final meeting, assessment
- Další aktuální doporučené časopisecké a internetové prameny v českém nebo anglickém jazyce.
- The EU law of competition. Edited by Jonathan Faull - Ali Nikpay - Deirdre Taylor. 3rd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014. ccxxxiii,. ISBN 9780199665099. info
- RAUS, David and Andrea ORŠULOVÁ. Zákon o ochraně hospodářské soutěže. Komentář (The Law on Protection of Competition. Comments). 1st ed. Praha: Wolters Kluwer, 2014. 666 pp. Komentáře Wolters Kluwer. ISBN 978-80-7478-470-5. info
- ROSE, Vivien. European community law of competition. 1st pub. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012. lxviii, 40. ISBN 9780199639694. info
- BEJČEK, Josef. Soutěžní politika a fúze v evropském kontextu (Competition Policy and Mergers in European Context). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2010. 389 pp. Acta Universitatis Brunensis Iuridica 366. ISBN 978-80-210-5067-9. info
- JONES, Alison and B. E. SUFRIN. EC competition law : text, cases, and materials. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004. cxi, 1303. ISBN 0199269971. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, homework, working on semester papers, case studies, using e-learning methods
- Assessment methods
- Closing the coures by a colloquium based on a a written thesis in the extent of approx. 20 pages. The level of application of legal norms will be assessed, and the work with resources, understanding of the problem and proposals how to solve it as well. The extent of the lectures : 12x 2 hours. Preceding home study work inevitable.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.