PrF:SOC034 Introduction to the EU Law - Course Information
SOC034 Introduction to the European Union LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Filip Křepelka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Iveta Rohová (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. David Sehnálek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. JUDr. Vladimír Týč, CSc. (lecturer)
- doc. JUDr. David Sehnálek, Ph.D.
Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
- Mon 24. 9. to Fri 21. 12. each odd Thursday 8:00–9:40 041, each odd Thursday 10:00–11:40 041
- Knowledge of English language
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course provides overview of the European Union, its origins and development, sources of law, institutions and procedures and basic economic freedoms. The course is intented for students of bachelor and master degree programs orientated on law. Nevertheless, it is understandable for every student. Orientation in the issue is necessary for everybody.
- Course Syllabus:
- 1. International, European and national law – basic characteristics of each system of law and introduction
- 2. History of European integration
- 3. Federalism, supranationalism and intergovernmental cooperation
- 4. Institutions of the EU
- 5. Law of the EU, sources of law
- 6. Interpretation and application of European law, direct effect, indirect effect, primacy
- 7. Enforcement of EU law
- 8. EU legislative and administrative procedures
- 9. Free movement of goods, customs union
- 10. Free movement of persons
- To be added by the teacher at the beginning of the course.
- Teaching methods
- Lessons w/ discussions.
- Assessment methods
- Form, teaching hours: Lectures, 24 hours altogether Examination: Written test combined with oral exam, semester paper
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2018/SOC034