PrF:MV617K D and CH Procedural Law - Course Information
MV617K German and Swiss Systems of Procedural LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Eva Šrámková (seminar tutor)
Daria Gistl (assistant)
- PhDr. Eva Šrámková
Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Lenka Pavlíková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MV617K/01: Mon 25. 2. to Fri 17. 5. Wed 8:00–9:40 040, E. Šrámková
MV617K/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. E. Šrámková
- ! MV617Zk Comparison of Procedural Law
Basic requirements "German for Lawyers" examination or equivalent command of legal German.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 13/15, only registered: 0/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The seminar is an introduction to procedural law in Switzerland. It offers insight into the system of courts at canton and federal levels. The system of courts is explained. Apart from this, civil and criminal procedure at canton and federal levels are discussed. Swiss and German systems of procedural law are compared. At the end of the course, students will be able to discuss the main differences between German and Swiss systems of procedural law. They will understand the gist of video recordings from court hearings (level C1), provide summary and give reasons for a decision.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to discuss the main differences between German and Swiss systems of procedural law. They will understand the gist of video recordings from court hearings (level C1), provide summary and give reasons for a decision.
- 1. System of courts 2. System of the execution of judicial power at canton level 3. System of the execution of judicial power at federal level 4. Specialised courts 4. Civil procedure at canton level 5. Civil procedure at federal level 7. Criminal procedure at canton level 8. Criminal procedure at federal level 9. Specialised criminal courts 10.Remedies
- Spühler, Karl/Reetz, Peter/Vock, Dominik/Graham-Siegenthaler, Barbara. Neuerungen im Zivilprozessrecht. Zürich 2000. ISBN 3-7255-4042-X.
- Schmid, Niklaus. Strafprozessrecht. 3. Aufl. Zürich 1997. ISBN 3-7255-3655-4.
- Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch : mit Einführungsgesetz, Beurkundungsgesetz, AGB-Gesetz, Verbraucherkreditgesetz, Gesetz über den Widerruf von Haustürgeschäften, Produkthaftungsgesetz, Wohnungseigentumsgesetz, Ehegesetz und Hausratsverordnung. Edited by Helmut Köhler. 40. überarb. Aufl. München: dtv, 1997. xxx, 676 s. ISBN 3-423-05001-2. info
- Teaching methods
- Dialogic method (discussion, conversation), interactive teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium is in the form of an oral exam. Students have to present one of the chosen topics.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2019/MV617K