SOC019 EU LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Filip Křepelka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Iveta Rohová (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. David Sehnálek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. JUDr. Vladimír Týč, CSc. (lecturer)
- doc. JUDr. Filip Křepelka, Ph.D.
Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D.
- Thu 16:00–17:40 160
- Basic knowledge of theory of law is recommended for understanding of the course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course shall provide knowledge of the European Union and of its law. Graduates will be capable to understand theory of supranational law, know institutions of the EU, basic economic freedoms, policies of the EU a additional non-economic integration.
- (1) European integration, development of the EU, features of the EU (2) Institutions of the EU (3) Law of the EU I - sources and their enactment (4) Law of the EU II - application (5) Judicial and administrative procedures (6) Free movement of goods (7) Free movement of individuals (8) Free movement of legal entities, services, capital, payments (9) Single currency + Budget (10) Competition policy (11) Judicial and administrative cooperation, common foreign and security policy etc. (12) Membership, new members, Czech Republic in the EU, enlargements
- ppt materials
- Teaching methods
- Basic explanation of teacher. Seminars including limited discussion of students based on materials provided in advance. Study of founding treaties and case-law.
- Assessment methods
- Multiple-choice test plus written solution of simplified model case. Essay on chosen detailed topic.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2019/SOC019