LF:BDEP011 Epidemiology - Course Information
BDEP011 EpidemiologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 6/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- MUDr. Marie Kolářová, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Miroslava Zavřelová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Marie Kolářová, CSc.
Department of Preventive Medicine - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Jana Neckářová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Nurse (programme LF, B-OS)
- Course objectives
- The branch belongs to preventive-target paraclinic branches of medicine science. Epidemiology of infectious diseases has been bulit on the theoretical and clinical knowledges of the students. The basic requirement present besides epidemiologic methods also principles of general epidemiology of infectious diseases as they are being treated in the light of the evolutionary concept of the origin of infectious diseases.
- Goals of the epidemiology. Epidemic process; etiology and risk factors of epidemic diseases. Form of sources of infection. Contagiosity in particular stage of the disease. Cariership of patogenic microorganisms. Animals as source of infection. Transmission of infectious diseases, phases of transmission. Susceptibility of the population to the infection. Active and passive vaccination. Natural, social-economic factors. Principles of control of infectious diseases – elimination of the source, interruption of transmission of infectious agents, measures in a focus of infection. Surveillance of nosocomial infections (NI), etiology NI, risk factors of aquiring NI, sources and localization NI, the principles of control NI. Decontamination, disinfection and sterilization. Epidemiological characteristics of the intestinal infections and prevention of their spreading. Epidemiological characteristics of the airborne infections and prevention of their spreading. Epidemiological characteristics of blood infections and prevention of their spreading. Animals as sources of infection. Infections of the skin and superficial mucous membrane – epidemiological characteristics and preventing their transmission. Epidemiological inspection in hospitals; the monitoring of the microbiological quality of the hospital environment. The control of the disinfection and sterilization. Interpretation of the results.
- GÖPFERTOVÁ, Dana, Petr PAZDIORA and Jana DÁŇOVÁ. Epidemiologie infekčních nemocí : učebnice pro lékařské fakulty (bakalářské a magisterské studium). 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2003. 230 s. ISBN 8024604523. info
- Manuál prevence v lékařské praxi. Edited by Kamil Provazník - Lumír Komárek. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní zdravotní ústav, 2001. 63 s. ISBN 8070711949. info
- Manuál prevence v lékařské praxi 4 :základy prevence infekčních onemocnění. Edited by Kamil Provazník. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní zdravotní ústav, 1996. 126 s. ISBN 80-7168-400-7. info
- Assessment methods
- The Lectures. Final oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: celkově 6 hodin.
- Teacher's information