LF:aVLMC0921 Medical Czech for Advanced I - Course Information
aVLMC0921 Medical Czech for Advanced Students IFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 1. 10. to Fri 14. 12. Wed 14:00–15:40 KOM S117
- VSCJ0888 Czech for Foreigners VIII -p || aVLCJ0888 Czech for Foreigners VIII
Students are expected to have knowledge communicative skills acquired in courses Czech for foreigners I-VIII. Attending an optional course Advanced Czech for Medical Students I and II is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 10 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/10, only registered: 1/10, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 1/10
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Teaching course is designed for motivated students who want to develop their communicative skills in the Czech language. After completing the course students should be able: -to lead continuous and meaningful communication with the Czech patient -to understand and orientate themselves in medical records -to acquired socio-cultural competence.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: - understand a general medical text of advanced difficulty level, - discuss covered medical topics - orientate themselves in Czech medical terminology relating to the covered topics.
- Week 1 and 2: Revision of terminology in clinical disciplines.
- Week 3: Pediatrics. The verbal prefixes.
- Week 4: Gynecology and Obstetrics. Declination in the plural.
- Week 5: Cardiology I. Declination of foreign words.
- Week 6: Cardiology II. Relative clauses with který.
- Week 7: Hematology. Compound passive.
- Week 8: Surgical propedeutics II. Declination of numerals.
- Week 9: Surgical propedeutics II. Conjuctions.
- Week 10: Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
- Week 11: Analysis of case studies. I.
- Week 12: Analysis of case studies II.
- Week 13: Project-presentation.
- Week 14: Project-presentation.
- required literature
- MOKROŠOVÁ, Ivana. Lékařská čeština. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2001. 240 s. ISBN 8072620924. info
- recommended literature
- HRUBANTOVÁ, Leopoldina, Blažena WEBEROVÁ and Marie HOŘKÁ. Just a skeleton : medically speaking in Czech and English : Jenom kostra : o zdraví a nemoci česky a anglicky. info
- Teaching methods
- Discussions, pair work, group work, presentations, reading, listening comphrehension, home assignments.
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
Information on course enrolment limitations: It is primarily used for students of Czech language I-VIII of Ivana Rešková
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2018/aVLMC0921