LF:MIOC0332p INC in Surgery II - lecture - Course Information
MIOC0332p Intensive Nursing Care in Surgery II - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0.9/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Daniel Ira, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Michal Mašek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Michal Mašek, CSc.
Department of Trauma Surgery - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Jana Šmehlíková
Supplier department: Department of Trauma Surgery - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Wed 7. 10. 13:00–14:40 N05190, Wed 14. 10. 13:00–14:40 N05190, Wed 21. 10. 13:00–14:40 N05190, Wed 4. 11. 13:00–14:40 N05190, Wed 11. 11. 13:00–14:40 N05190, Wed 18. 11. 13:00–14:40 N05190
- MIOC0231p Intens nurs care at Surg med I && MIOC0231c Intens nurs care at Surg med I && MIOS0222 Nurs. care in resuscit. - pr.
- student will be oriented in traumatology - student knows basic examinations methods in traumatology - student is able to quote basical therapeutical methods
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- After this course the student will be able to understand and explain: Types of wounds; healing of wound; treatment of wounds Skeletal injuries; fracture healing; indications to osteosynthesis; types of osteosyntheses; Organisation of trauma care in CZ; Traumatcal shock; sepsis; myorenal sy, compartement sy; demage control surgery; polytrauma; Head trauma; CNS; spinal cord; periferal nerves; Thorax trauma; pneumothorax; fluidothorax; injury of heart; lungs; big vessels; mediastinum; Injury of abdominal cavity; parenchymatous organs; haemoperitoneum; Trauma of upper extremity; Trauma of lower extremity; Trauma of pelvis; spine; retroperitoneum; urologic systema; Complications in traumatology; infection; pseudoarthosis; thrombembolia.
- Learning outcomes
- Clinical examination of injured person. Diagnostic of injury, laboratory, X-ray and sonographic examination Principles of healing Basics of conservative and operative treatment of soft tissue injury and skeletal injury, cavities. Prevention and treatment of complications
- Wounds, types of wounds, wound healing, modern surgical therapy of wounds Skeletal injury, types of fractures, healing of fractures Injury of ligaments, tendons and joints, Arthroscopy Conservative treatment of fractures, types of fixation Osteosynthesis - indications, types, treatment Organisation of trauma care in CZ Traumatic shock, sepsis, myorenal sy, compartement sy damage control surgery, polytrauma Head trauma, CNS, spinal cord, periferal nerves, Thorax trauma, pneumothorax, fluidothorax, injury of heart, lungs, big vessels, mediastinum, heart contusion, lung contusion Injury of abdominal cavity, parenchymatous organs, haemoperitoneum Trauma of upper extremity Trauma of lower extremity Trauma of pelvis, spine, retroperitoneum, urologic systema Complications in traumatology, infection, pseudoarthosis, thrombembolia.
- required literature
- POKORNÝ, Vladimír. Traumatologie. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Triton, 2002. 307 s. ISBN 807254277X. info
- not specified
- ZEMAN, Miroslav and Zdeněk KRŠKA. Chirurgická propedeutika. Třetí, přepracované a do. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. 512 stran. ISBN 9788024737706. info
- Chirurgie pro studium a praxi. Edited by M. Müller - Jan Adámek, Translated by Josef K. Zámečník. 1. vyd. Praha: Goldstein & Goldstein, 1997. 441 s. ISBN 80-86094-10-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 14.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2020/MIOC0332p