PdF:AJ9401 Methodology of English Languag - Course Information
AJ9401 Methodology of English Language Teaching 1AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Bc. Michaela Sojková Šamalová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Zerzová, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Successful passing of bachelor studies is required
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on different methods and approaches in English language teaching (ELT). At the end of the course students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts and ideas and to apply different methods and approaches in English language teaching (ELT). Students will be able to make informed decisions in selecting positive aspects of different methods and approaches and create their own eclectic approach to ELT.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts and ideas and to apply different methods and approaches in English language teaching (ELT). Students will be able to make informed decisions in selecting positive aspects of different methods and approaches and create their own eclectic approach to ELT.
- 1. Introduction, course requirements, presentations
- 2. Grammar-Translation Method
- 3. Direct Method
- 4. Audio-Lingual Method
- 5. TPR
- 6. Suggestopedia
- 7. Communicative approach
- 8. The role of mother tongue in foreign language teaching
- 9. Task-based learning
- 10. Lexical approach
- 11. CLIL
- required literature
- SCRIVENER, Jim. Learning teaching : a guidebook for English language teachers. Oxford: Heinemann, 1994. vi, 218 p. ISBN 0-435-24089-718. info
- not specified
- WALLACE, Michael J. Study skills in english. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. vi, 218. ISBN 0521221102. info
- UR, Penny. A course in language teaching : practice and theory. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. xiii, 375. ISBN 0-521-44994-4. info
- HARMER, Jeremy. The practice of English language teaching. New ed. London: Longman, 1991. 296 s. ISBN 0582046564. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar, group discussions, presentations, observation.
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods and criteria: 80% attendance (or a written test), active participation (or moodlinka contributions) seminar work presentation, essay. Students who did not pass any course in ELT methodology - assigned reading and moodlinka contributions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinované studium: výuka v blocích.
- Teacher's information
Students are requested to secure good internet connection in order to participate in online lessons as indicated in the schedule. Students must attend these meetings with both the sound and camera on.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/AJ9401