PdF:AJ9403 Methodology of English Languag - Course Information
AJ9403 Methodology of English Language Teaching 2AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aims of the course is to teach the students how to implement longterm planning in foreign language teaching. Their skills are developed in the process of designing a one-year course of English for a particular group of students.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the participants will be able to understand the problems of course design, the analysis of the needs of language learner, evaluation of students and teaching materials.
The students will understand different aspects of long-term planning in ELT, will be able to plan a learner-centred course.
They will be able to take part in the design of the school educational programmes.
- 1. Course design components 2. Needs analysis 3. Aims and objectives 4. Educational documents (RVP, CEFR) 5. Coursebooks and other materials in ELT 6. Content specification 7. Class management 8. Planning assessment and evaluation 9. Course evaluation
- GRAVES, Kathleen. Designing language courses: a guide for teachers. Boston: Heinle & Heinle, 2000. xi, 308. ISBN 9780838479094. info
- CUNNINGSWORTH, Alan. Choosing your coursebook. Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann English language teaching, 1995. vi, 153 s. ISBN 0-435-24058-7. info
- European language portfolio : for learners aged 11 to 15 in the Czech Republic (Souběž.) : Evropské jazykové portfolio : [pro žáky a žákyně ve věku 11-15 let v České republice]. info
- Společný evropský referenční rámec pro jazyky : jak se učíme jazykům, jak je vyučujeme a jak v jazycích hodnotíme. Edited by Jaroslava Ivanová. 1. české vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2002. 267 s. ISBN 8024404044. info
- Teaching methods
- individual project, reading, seminar
- Assessment methods
- Seminar. Course requirements: 80% attendance, active participation both in the seminars and in moodlinka, all assignements and readings as set, course design - project Exam: Interview about the course design project
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinované studium: výuka v blocích.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/AJ9403