PdF:AJ9404 Methodology of English Languag - Course Information
AJ9404 Methodology of English Language Teaching 2BFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Jana Chocholatá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- A2MK_DI1A, A2MK_DI1B, A2MK_DI2A
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to inform students about the possibilities of continuing professional development and equip them with competences necessary for the management of their own continuing development after graduation.
- Learning outcomes
- The students will know about the possibilities of continuing professional development.
The students will be able to plan their own continuing development after graduation.
- The course focuses on the issues of professional development of teachers. Syllabus: 1. Reflection in teaching 2. Action research 3. Stages in the teacher development (Novice teacher, experienced teacher, expert teacher ) 4. Professional development possibilites (conferences, associations MSSUA, AMATE, IATEFL) 5. Burning issues in ELT today
- required literature
- UR, Penny. A course in language teaching : practice and theory. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. xiii, 375. ISBN 0-521-44994-4. info
- WALLACE, Michael J. Training foreign language teachers : a reflective approach. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1991. ix, 180. ISBN 0521356369. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar, group discussions, presentations.
- Assessment methods
- Seminar. Course requirements: 80% attendance (or a written test), active participation, all assignements as set, seminar work presentation, contributions in mood-link-a discussion forums, essay.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinované studium: výuka v blocích.