PdF:FJ2010 French Morphology 1 - Course Information
FJ2010 Professional French Morphology 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Jaromír Kadlec, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D.
Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Barbora Hůrková
Supplier department: Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- The course is intended for students of the 1st year of the French language program for administration.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The lecture and seminar Morphology of Professional French 1 present word types in the French language system with the specifics of their use in professional texts. In the lecture, the topic is always explained theoretically, the seminar contains practice and reflection on specific examples in the analysis of selected texts with the application of relevant linguistic terminology. The aim of the course is to deepen theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of classification of part of speech, grammatical categories and their use. The interpretation also includes a comparison of the Czech and French language systems.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students are able to: demonstrate theoretical knowledge of part of speech and grammatical categories; distinguish between the language systems of Czech and French and describe it; apply the acquired knowledge in reading and analysis of professional texts, but also in oral and written professional communication.
- 1. Classification of word types. 2. Nouns, its types, forms. Grammatical categories of nouns and their specifics in professional texts. 3. Determinants and their shapes. 4. Adjectives, feminine formation, plural, gradation, position of adjectives, agreement with nouns. 5. Pronouns (personal, indicative, possessive, interrogative, relative, indefinite). 6. Regular and irregular verbs. Verbal grammatical categories and their specifics in different types of texts.
- required literature
- HENDRICH, J., RADINA, O., TLÁSKAL, J. Francouzská mluvnice. 3.vyd. Plze : Fraus, 2001. 700 s. ISBN 80-7238-064-8.
- PENFORNIS, Jean-Luc. Grammaire progressive du franҫais des affaires : avec 350 exercices : niveau intermédiaire. Paris: CLE International, 2014. 191 stran. ISBN 9782090380903. info
- recommended literature
- GREVISSE, M. Le bon usage. 12. vyd. Paris : Duculot, 1993. 1768 s. ISBN 2-8011-0588-0.
- MARTINET, A. Eléments de linguistique générale. 3.vyd. Paris: Colin, 1991. 224 s. ISBN 2-200-32208-9.
- RIEGEL, Martin, Jean-Christophe PELLAT and René RIOUL. Grammaire méthodique du français. 5e éd. Paris: PUF, 2014. xliii, 110. ISBN 9782130627562. info
- MILIČKOVÁ, Ladislava. Exercices de grammaire française. první. Brno: MU Brno, 1999. 147 pp. ISBN 80-210-2084-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture and seminar.
- Assessment methods
- Lecture with active participation (70%). Seminar: Requirements for ending: written test (as a successful test is considered one with at least 70 % right answers).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses