PdF:SZ6640 Teaching Practice 1 - Course Information
SZ6640 Teaching Practice 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Jan Nehyba, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Svojanovský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Svojanovský, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ6640/01: Thu 23. 9. 10:00–11:50 učebna 72, Thu 4. 11. 10:00–11:50 učebna 72, R. Pospíšil, P. Svojanovský
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6040 Teaching Practice 1 )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School English Language Teacher Training (programme PdF, N-AJ2A) (2)
- Special Education (eng.) (programme PdF, N-SPD)
- Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in English Language (eng.) (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The purpose of this course is to extend professional competences, to get familiar with roles a teacher encounters during his/her work, and to be aware of one’s own professional needs. This practice puts an emphasis on pedagogical-psychological aspect of the practice. Within this course, the student has a possibility to link theoretical knowledge gained in courses of Pedagogy, Psychology and his/her own study field with practical experience and to enhance reflective and self-reflective skills needed for teacher’s profession. The practice is continuous and is to be realized in 10 weeks during the semester within the MAJOR study plan. The practice takes in total 60 hours consisting of 40 hours of being actually in school and 20 hours of own preparation for teaching or help to the mentor (e.g. correction of tests, preparation of teaching aids, etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the teaching practice students will be able to: - plan, implement and evaluate their own teaching at an appropriate standard of professional quality; - identify the strengths and weaknesses of their professional performance, suggest personal development goals, how they can be achieved, and implement them within a set time; - orient himself/herself in teacher’s everyday activities (both of teaching and non-teaching character).
- • activities related to (class) teacher’s assistant, set by a director of elementary school or mentor (e.g. help with correction of written assignments or pupils’ notice books, teaching aids, individual work with pupils with special educational needs, assisting (together with the teacher) pupils’ excursions, preparation of school projects and events, monitoring pupils’ behaviour, participation in parents’ meetings, help with school/class administrative work, preparation of class meetings, substituting teachers etc.); • keeping a teaching diary and completing a long-term complex portfolio task – time for completing these tasks is reserved for the course of Seminar to teaching practice, which is directly related to the teaching practice • observations of mentor’s lessons (depending on possibilities of the school); • actual teaching – 8 lessons; • tandem teaching – 8 lessons.
- required literature
- GOWER, Roger, Diane PHILLIPS and Steve WALTERS. Teaching practice handbook. New edition. Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann, 1995. viii, 215. ISBN 0-435-24059-5. info
- Teaching methods
- • active work monitored by the mentor • observation of student’s lesson by a didactic professional • individual consultations
- Assessment methods
- • teacher student’s evaluation provided by the mentor; • regular attendance to the school of the teaching practice
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
General note: MAJOR FULL-TIME.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 60 hours.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Each student enrol to this subject during the study once - togehther with the subject Seminar on teaching practice 1. In case you do not properly register the practice, there will be no credits for this subject. To open this course there is a minimum number of 10 students. If this minimum capacity is not met, the course will not be opened.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/SZ6640