PdF:SZ6692 Alternative and Innovative Edu - Course Information
SZ6692 Alternative and Innovative EducationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. PaedDr. Hana Horká, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Hana Horká, CSc.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. Sabina Autratová
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School English Language Teacher Training (programme PdF, N-AJ2A) (2)
- Course objectives
- The content of the subject serves to widening and connection of know-how about the possibilities of the alternative ways in upbringing and education.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: - uderstand and be able to explain problematics of alterantive pedagogy - intrepret the modern and classic alternative schools - present reasonable arguments within the boundaries of the subject including a search for and finding of further interdisciplinary links - adopt thoughtful stances towards the issues studied - use new knowledge reasonably to further one’s own development - make and express decisions about situations related to the subject and use newly acquired knowledge to react to unknown circumstances - interpret new knowledge - apply new knowledge and skills in practice.
- Choice of common features of alternative educational and educational progress. Waldorf school. Montessori school. Dalton school. Freinet school. Jena school. Alternative schools in the seventies of the 20. century. Exercise of the alternative tenets and methods in the contemporary educational projects in Czech Republic. The cooperative school, inklusive school, open school. The integrated thematic education, project education, programmes Start together, Prove it. Engaged teaching, school in games, individualized system of study. The programme The School promoting health.
- Alternative education for the 21st century : philosophies, approaches, visions. Edited by Philip A. Woods - Glenys J. Woods. 1st ed. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009. xvi, 283. ISBN 9780230602762. info
- CONLEY, Brenda Edgerton. Alternative schools : a reference handbook. Santa Barbara, California: ABC-CLIO, 2002. xiii, 274. ISBN 9781576074404. info
- Teaching methods
- - theoretical preparation in the form of a seminar with an emphasis on a discussion of relevant issues and independent work on the seminar extended essay - practical preparation in the form of visit alternative schools
- Assessment methods
- - final discussion - a seminar extended essay of 3-5 pages submitted both in the electronic form and a hard copy to the teacher at a date agreed - a presentation of a seminar task with an outline in the student’s own words of about max. 15 minutes of length
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 hodiny.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses