PdF:SZ6694 Seminar on Teaching Practice - Course Information
SZ6694 Seminar on Teaching PracticeFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Jan Nehyba, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Svojanovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Svojanovský, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Thu 23. 9. 10:00–11:50 učebna 72, Thu 4. 11. 10:00–11:50 učebna 72
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6641 Seminar on Teaching Practice )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 65 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The purpose of this course for students is to offer them space for reflection of experience from their own teaching practice and to help them enhance their reflective and self-reflective skills in relation to their teaching practice within the MINOR study plan. The way of the seminar management is inspired by the concept of the so-called reflecting teams, which is characteristic with cooperation of more professionals from different fields. As a result, the teaching is realized by a didactic professional together with either a pedagogue or psychologist. At the same time, selected mentors are invited to the seminars.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course students will be able to: - openly share experiences from their own teaching practice in the professional community; - reflect on experiences from their own teaching practice in the professional community; - use reflection and self-reflection as a tool for professional learning.
- • understanding the difference between descriptive and reflective writing • group work with a pedagogical (reflective) diary • group work with a professional portfolio • acquiring of reflection and self-reflection as a tool for professional learning
- required literature
- KORTHAGEN, F. A. J. and Jos KESSELS. Linking practice and theory : the pedagogy of realistic teacher education. London: Routledge, 2008. xvi, 312. ISBN 9780805839814. info
- SCHÖN, Donald A. Educating the reflective practitioner. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1987. xvii, 355. ISBN 1555422209. info
- Teaching methods
- • various forms of group discussions; • work with reflective diaries and professional portfolios.
- Assessment methods
- • active participation in the seminars (100 %) • continuous task completion and submission until the agreed deadline (reflective diary and professional portfolio).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
General note: MINOR FULL-TIME.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4x 90 minutes.
- Teacher's information
- Each student enrol to this subject during the study once - togehther with the subject Teaching practice 1 or Teaching practice 2. To open this course there is a minimum number of 15 students. If this minimum capacity is not met, the course will not be opened.