PdF:AJ4403 Methodology of English languag - Course Information
AJ4403 Methodology of English language teaching 2AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AJ4403/01: Thu 8:00–9:50 učebna 67, S. Hanušová
AJ4403/02: Mon 8:00–9:50 učebna 67, S. Hanušová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme PdF, M-ZS5)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Lower Secondary School English Language Teacher Training (Eng.) (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Lower Secondary School English Language Teacher Training (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on course design, language learner, theories of language acquisition, evaluation of students and teaching materials.The students will understand different aspects of long-term planning in ELT, will be able to plan a learner-centred course. They will be able to take part in the design of the school educational programmes.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the participants will be able to understand the problems of course design, the analysis of the needs of language learner, evaluation of students and teaching materials.
The students will understand different aspects of long-term planning in ELT, will be able to plan a learner-centred course.
They will be able to take part in the design of the school educational programmes.
- Course design. RVP and ŠVP. European language policy: Common European Framework of Reference.European Language Portfolio. Theories of language acquisition. Mother tongue in ELT Language learner. Needs analysis. Learning styles and strategies. Learner autonomy and learner training. Mixed ability classes. Differentiation in ELT. Teaching materials evaluation. Assessment and evaluation. Teaching English to children with specific learning difficulties.
- GRAVES, Kathleen. Designing language courses: a guide for teachers. Boston: Heinle & Heinle, 2000. xi, 308. ISBN 9780838479094. info
- UR, Penny. A course in language teaching : practice and theory. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. xiii, 375. ISBN 0-521-44994-4. info
- Společný evropský referenční rámec pro jazyky : jak se učíme jazykům, jak je vyučujeme a jak v jazycích hodnotíme. Edited by Jaroslava Ivanová. 1. české vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2002. 267 s. ISBN 8024404044. info
- European language portfolio : for learners aged 11 to 15 in the Czech Republic (Souběž.) : Evropské jazykové portfolio : [pro žáky a žákyně ve věku 11-15 let v České republice]. info
- CUNNINGSWORTH, Alan. Choosing your coursebook. Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann English language teaching, 1995. vi, 153 s. ISBN 0-435-24058-7. info
- Teaching methods
- seminar, project, group discussion
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods and criteria:
active participation both in the seminars and in moodlinka,
all assignements and readings as set,
course design - project (preferably in pairs)
Acceptable project: gives evidence of effort, careful consideration of a number of aspects, and creativity. It clearly shows the author is familiar with different teaching resources and materials.
Unacceptable project: is hurried, careless, formal, materials are just piled. Plagiarised. Exam: based on the project.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information