PdF:FC1008 Teoretical Physics - Special T - Course Information
FC1008 Teoretical Physics - Special Theory of RelativityFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Jindřiška Svobodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jan Válek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jan Novotný, CSc. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Sládek, CSc.
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Vocational Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Jachymiáková
Supplier department: Department of Physics, Chemistry and Vocational Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- FC1008/Kombi01: Fri 21. 9. 15:00–18:50 učebna 3, Fri 19. 10. 10:00–13:50 učebna 3, J. Svobodová, J. Válek
FC1008/Prez02: Mon 15:00–15:50 laboratoř 86, Mon 16:00–16:50 laboratoř 86, J. Svobodová, J. Válek
- Mechanics and Relativity
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics (programme PdF, B-TV)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to obtain a clear knowledge bases theory of relativity, theoretical mechanics and of physics field.
Emphasis is placed on the logical construction of the science disciplines and to acquire the knowledge needed for teaching physics at primary school and knowledge needed for the follow-up lectures Theoretical Physics II. and III.
- I. The theoretical mechanics. The basic postulates non-relativistic mechanics: Newton's laws, the principles of virtual work, d'Alembert's principle,Hamilton's principle. The phase space, generalized coordinates, generalized momentum. Lagrange's equation, Hamilton's equation. Conservation laws for the coupled system.
- II. Introduction to the Theory of Relativity. Ideas about space and time. Reference systems, coordinate systems, transformation of coordinates. Galilean transformation. The principle of relativity. Principles of special theory of relativity, Lorentz' transformation. Transformation of the speed. Dilation of time, Contraction of length. Transformation of weight, momentum and energy particles. Law equivalence of matter and energy.
- III. Physical field. Scalar and vector fields, vector curve. Potential field. Equipotential levels. Flow vector field. Meaning: gradient, divergence and rotation vector field. Gauss theorem, Stokes' theorem.
- recommended literature
- HORSKÝ, Jan, Jan NOVOTNÝ and Milan ŠTEFANÍK. Mechanika ve fyzice. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 2001. 412 s. ISBN 8020002081. info
- not specified
- KREMPASKÝ, J.:Fyzika. ALFA/SNTL, Bratislava/ Praha 1982.
- FEYNMAN. Richard P., LEIGHTON, Robert B., SANDS, Matthew : Feynmanovy přednášky z fyziky. FRAGMENT Praha, 2000. 710 s. ISBN 80-7200-405-0.
- HLADÍK, A. : Teoretická mechanika. SPN Praha 1970.
- NOVOTNÝ, J., HORSKÝ, J. : Teorie relativity. SPN, Praha 1985.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, exercises
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 hodin.