PdF:DGC009 Curriculum Studies - Course Information
DGC009 Curriculum StudiesFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geography Education (programme PdF, D-DIGE) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course aims at broadening understanding of the curriculum. Students will pose questions, which could lead to intensive investigation and innovation of curriculum in wider educational settings.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course
- students will be able to undertake curriculum inquiry
- students will ask questions which could lead to other investigation and innovation of curriculum in wider connection on the curricular context of their own dissertation.
- historical development of curriculum
- theory of curriculum
- curricular documents
- forms of curriculum
- determinants of curriculum
- investigation of curriculum
- innovation of curriculum
- hidden curriculum.
- required literature
- Connelly, F. M. The SAGE Handbook of Curriculum and Instruction. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 2008.
- Schiro, M. S. Curriculum Theory: Conflicting Visions and Enduring Concerns. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 2008.
- Knowledge and the future of the curriculum : international studies in social realism. Edited by Brian Barrett - Elizabeth Rata. First published. [United Kingdom]: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014. xxi, 238. ISBN 9781137429254. info
- recommended literature
- Janík, T., Maňák, J., Knecht, P. Cíle a obsahy školního vzdělávání a metodologie jejich utváření. Brno: Paido, 2009.
- Posner, G. Analyzing the Curriculum. New York: McGraw-Hill: 2003.
- Pinar, W. F. International Handbook of Curriculum Research. Mahwah: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2003.
- Pinar, W. F., Reynolds, W. M. et al. Understanding Curriculum. New York: Peter Lang : 2006.
- YOUNG, Michael and Johan MULLER. Curriculum and the specialization of knowledge : studies in the sociology of education. First published. London: Routledge, 2016. viii, 240. ISBN 9781138814929. info
- Teaching methods
- text analysis, reading, writing a research proposal, discussion
- Assessment methods
- Critically evaluating minimally two theoretical or empirical studies connected with the field of curricular studies with the connection to Ph.D. thesis (f.e. from the Journal of Curriculum Studies)
To defend partially realized project of curricular research (as the base of Ph.D. thesis).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (Autumn 2022, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2022/DGC009