PdF:FC1004 Mechanics and Molecular Theory - Course Information
FC1004 Mechanics and Molecular Theory - SeminarFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Jan Válek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Sládek, CSc.
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Vocational Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Jachymiáková
Supplier department: Department of Physics, Chemistry and Vocational Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- FC1004/01: Thu 11:10–12:50 laboratoř 86, J. Válek
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics (programme PdF, B-TV)
- Extension of Teaching Qualification for another subject (programme PdF, C-CV, specialization Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to obtain knowledge of Mechanics and Molecular Physics at the university level. The emphasis is on the logical structure of this discipline and to acquire the knowledge and skills needed for teaching physics at primary school. For these reasons, an exercise contains a greater number of tasks with emphasis on the relationship of the topic to practice, nature, household, technical applications, etc.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to apply knowledge of Mechanics and Molecular Physics on excercises.
- 1. Physical quantities and their units
- 2. Kinematics
- 3. Dynamics of a system of particles. Laws of motion, reference frame
- 4. Mechanical work and mechanical energy
- 5. Gravitational field
- 6. Rigid body mechanics
- 7. Mechanics of liquids and gases
- 8. Basic knowledge of molecular physics and thermodynamics, kinetic theory, temperatures
- 9. Internal energy, work and heat
- 10. Structure and properties of gases, the gases happening
- 11. Structure and properties of solids
- 12. Structure and properties of liquids, Phase change
- required literature
- MÁCA, Bohuslav. Cvičení z fyziky : pro nefyzikální obory. Vyd. 1. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1984. 165 s. info
- recommended literature
- ŠANTAVÝ, Ivan and Ladislav PEŠKA. Fyzika. 1. vyd. Brno: Ediční středisko VUT, 1984. 234 s. info
- Teaching methods
- solving sample physics tasks
- Assessment methods
- written test, 60%
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 hodin.