PdF:FC1010 Vibrations and Waves - Course Information
FC1010 Vibrations and WavesFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Sládek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Sládek, CSc.
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Vocational Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Jachymiáková
Supplier department: Department of Physics, Chemistry and Vocational Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- FC1010/01: Fri 2. 3. 10:15–11:55 učebna 3, Fri 9. 3. 10:15–11:55 učebna 3, Fri 23. 3. 10:15–11:55 učebna 3, Fri 6. 4. 10:15–11:55 učebna 3, Fri 20. 4. 10:15–11:55 učebna 3, Fri 11. 5. 10:15–11:55 učebna 3, P. Sládek
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics (programme PdF, B-TV)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to obtain a clear knowledge of the subject, oscillations and waves at university level. Emphasis is placed on the logical construction of the science disciplines and to acquire knowledge and skills needed for teaching physics at the primary school (it is included lectures to a large number of simple experiments and emphasized the relationship discussed the substance of the practice, nature, home, etc.).
- I. Oscillation. Harmonics, free, damped and forced. Superposition of two harmonic oscillations DC and perpendicular to each other. Harmonic analysis of oscillations. Coupled oscillators. Transversal oscillations of string, the longitudinal oscillations of thin rod. Vibrations membranes and plates.
- II. Waves. The emergence of a progressive nature of waves, wave equation. Energy progressive waves. Interference of waves. Wave package, group and phase velocity of waves. Plane wave, spherical wave, spread waves in space. Reflection and refraction of waves on a plane the two mediums, diffraction of waves. Doppler effect. Sound, basic characteristics of sound. Infrasound and ultrasound. The movement of sound sources with supersonic speed, shock wave.
- SLÁDEK, Petr. Kmity (Oscillations). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2005. 86 pp. skriptum. ISBN 80-210-3666-4. info
- SLÁDEK, Petr. Vlny (Waves). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2005. 72 pp. skriptum. ISBN 80-210-3667-2. info
- HALLIDAY, David, Robert RESNICK and Jearl WALKER. Fyzika (Physics). 1st ed. Brno, Praha: Vutium, Prometheus, 2001. ISBN 80-214-1868-0. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures and exercises
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral exam, the oral part of 20-30 minutes, literature disallowed. 3 interim written tests.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin.
- Teacher's information