PdF:SZ6061 Engaged Learning Methods - Course Information
SZ6061 Engaged Learning MethodsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PaedDr. Hana Horká, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Kateřina Lojdová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavlína Mazáčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Eva Trnová, PhD. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SZ6061/01: Thu 13:00–14:50 učebna 42, J. Kratochvílová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 59 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- • To provide students with comprehensive theoretical overview of teaching methods.
• Understand their importance and the place in the process of teaching, and the impact on pupils‘ learning.
• Offer a practical experience and create a skill for using activating methods.
• Lead students to their own thoughtful preparation for teaching and for application in practice.
• Reflect on their own learning, the suitability of the methods used to analyze from the perspective of educational, personal and social, search for alternative procedures.
- Learning outcomes
- The learning outcomes:
• Will understand the design issues of teaching • and the individual steps of the process of teaching.
• Analyze the links between the main elements of the process of teaching.
• Critically review the suitability of the teaching methods from the perspective of the teaching style of the pupil, the school teachers and the curriculum content style.
• Identify and describe the teaching method, classifies them from different perspectives.
• Applies in practice the methodology chosen in accordance with the content of teaching and the learning style of the student.
• Verifies the appropriateness of the selection of teaching methods in their own practice.
• In the process of reflection consider the impact of the chosen method on the pupils learning and looking for alternative approaches for the next steps in their own teaching.
- Main topics (outline):
- I. Theoretical background
- 1. The concept and the process of teaching.
- 2. The concept of teaching methods in teaching and learning.
- 3. The classification and the choice of method.
- 4. Relationship to the content of the curriculum.
- II. Activating teaching methods
- 1. Discussion methods.
- 2. Methods of problem solving.
- 3. Methods of drama education.
- 4. Methods of personal and social education.
- 5. The methods of critical thinking.
- 6. Group and cooperative learning.
- 7. Project teaching.
- III. Application of the method in their own practice and the search for alternatives.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Additional information:
The conditions for the successful completion of the subject:
1) active participation in the seminar,
2) written preparation methods in teaching, implementation in practice, presentation,
3) written self-reflection.
Criteria of evaluation and self-evaluation:
• I Analyze the links between the main elements in the process of teaching.
• I define aims of the personality of the pupil in all level of development.
• I plan a methodology consistent with the aims of teaching.
• I apply the methodology in my teaching.
• I listen to the needs of the pupils adequately in education.
• I reflect the suitability of the chosen teaching method – view of didactic, social and personal.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses