PdF:JVp041 Russian for Teachers - A - Course Information
JVp041 Russian for Teachers - AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Kateryna Hertlová (lecturer)
Mgr. Monika Ševečková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JVp041/01: Mon 18:00–19:50 učebna 59, K. Hertlová
- JVp003 Entrance Test A2 - Russian || JVk003 Entrance Test A2k - Russian
A pass in "Vstupní test A2 – RJ". Knowledge of Russian language -PRE-INTERMEDIATE (14 Lessons from a Russian textbook Ruština nejen pro samouky, Nekolová a kol., LEDA 2007).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 51 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- B1-level language course. The aim of the course is to help students achieve B1 level knowledge of English by improving all language skills (listening, reading, speaking, writing) and systems of the language (grammar and vocabulary) within the given level. The course also intends to introduce and enhance academic vocabulary and skills (preparing and giving presentations, expressing opinions, etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- understand spoken LSP texts at B1 level of the CEFR;
- understand written LSP texts at B1 level of the CEFR;
- successfully participate in a spoken interaction dealing with relevant LSP issues at B1 level of the CEFR;
- show a good command of selected grammar structures at B1 level of the CEFR;
- use selected specialist terminology with natural and sophisticated control.
- General aims: 1) development of speaking skills (with regard to correct pronunciation) which enables students to talk about everyday topics (meeting new people, housing, travelling, leisure time) and about issues related to their studies (particular subjects, examinations) 2) development of reading skills which helps students to comprehend general and specialized scholarly texts in a hand-written as well as printed form 3) development of listening skills so that the students were able to understand common everyday conversations 4) development of writing skills so that the students were able to produce hand-written texts and requests, letters and congratulations 5) deepen and strengthen the knowledge of grammar and basic features of formal style.
- required literature
- JANEK, Adam and Julija MAMONOVA. Učebnice současné ruštiny : vhodné i pro samouky. Vyd. 1. Brno: Computer Press, 2011. 410 s. ISBN 9788025128596. info
- recommended literature
- KAGUŠEVA, Maria and Julija MAMONOVA. Cvičebnice ruštiny : gramatika, konverzace, slovní zásoba. Vyd. 1. Brno: Computer Press, 2007. 214 s. ISBN 9788025118351. info
- NEKOLOVÁ, Věra, Irena CAMUTALIOVÁ and Alena VASILJEVA-LEŠKOVÁ. Ruština nejen pro samouky. Vyd. 2. Voznice: Leda, 2007. 535 s. ISBN 9788073351120. info
- BALCAR, Milan. Ruská gramatika v kostce. Vyd. 1. Praha: Leda, 1999. 125 s. ISBN 80-85927-56-X. info
- Teaching methods
- Listening exercises with accompanying questions and ensuing discussion, reading comprehension of written texts dealing with popular science themes as well as specific scientific texts, translations into Czech language, development of curricula, formal letter writing, exercises in basic grammar within scientific content and style, structure, expansion of casual as well as scientific vocabulary, working with dictionaries, casual and scientific conversation.
- Assessment methods
- Course requirements and continuous assessment components' weights: 1) Attendance (only two classes can be missed); 2) Active participation in classes + completed assigned in-term tasks; 3) Mid-term test (20 marks); 4) Completed in-term writing assignments (15 marks); 5) Oral presentation (15 marks); 6) Credit test (50 marks); Total: 100 marks; PASS MARK = 65 marks (65%). In order to be credited, students must respect and meet all course requirements.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Jazykový kurz na úrovni B1 SERRJ (není určen pro začátečníky).
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Podmínkou zápisu je úspěšné absolvování předmětu JVp003. Počet míst v kurzu je limitován kapacitou pracoviště.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2020/JVp041