PdF:AJ4404 Methodology of English Languag - Course Information
AJ4404 Methodology of English Language Teaching 2BFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jana Zerzová, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- AJ4404/01: Thu 4. 3. 16:00–17:50 učebna 58, Thu 11. 3. 16:00–17:50 učebna 58, Thu 18. 3. 16:00–17:50 učebna 58, Thu 25. 3. 16:00–17:50 učebna 58, Thu 1. 4. 16:00–17:50 učebna 58, Thu 8. 4. 16:00–17:50 učebna 58, J. Zerzová
- AJ2MP_DI1A, AJ2MP_DI1B,AJ2MP_DI2A
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on different methods and approaches in English language teaching (ELT).
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts and ideas and to apply different methods and approaches in English language teaching (ELT).
Students will be able to make informed decisions in selecting positive aspects of different methods and approaches and create their own eclectic approach to ELT.
- Grammar-Translation Method, Direct Method. Audio-Lingual Method. The role of mother tongue in foreign language teaching TPR, Suggestopedia. Communicative approach, Task-based learning, CLIL. Lexical approach, eclectic approach, post-method era, learner-centred approach.
- required literature
- Approaches and methods in language teaching : a description and analysis. Edited by Jack C. Richards - Theodore S. Rodgers. 7. vyd. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1991. viii, 171. ISBN 0521320933. info
- LARSEN-FREEMAN, Diane. Techniques and Principles in Language Teaching. Oxford: University Press, 1986. 142 s. ISBN 0-19-434133-X. info
- recommended literature
- UR, Penny. A course in language teaching : practice and theory. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. xiii, 375. ISBN 0-521-44994-4. info
- not specified
- LEWIS, Michael. Implementing the lexical approach :putting theory into practice. Edited by Cherry Gough. Hove: LTP Teacher training, 2001. 223 s. ISBN 1-899396-60-8. info
- Teaching methods
- presentation, microteaching, group discussion, observation
- Assessment methods
- Modes of work: seminars Course requirements: teaching practice task, 80% attendance (or a written test), active participation, all assignements as set, seminar work presentation, contributions in mood-link-a discussion forums, essay.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information