PdF:JVk013 English for Special Educators - Course Information
JVk013 English for Special Educators IFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/1.3. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Dita Hochmanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Miryana Georgieva Slavíková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
- JVk001 Entrance Test A2 - English || JVp001 Entrance Test A2 - English
Students enrolling on the course are expected to be at least at A2+ level of English or higher (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course English for Special Educators is to develop and consolidate students' language skills and help them to achieve B1 level in all language skills(listening, reading, speaking, writing). This course is focused mainly on developing specialist vocabulary connected to the field of study, i.e. Special Needs Education. Students will also revise grammar at B1 level. Furthermore, students will develop some academic skills in English (specialist oral presentation, giving and supporting arguments, discussion, etc).
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, the students will be able to: understand spoken as well as written LSP language at B1 level of the CEFR; successfully participate in a spoken interaction dealing with relevant LSP issues; show a good command of selected grammar structures and specialist vocabulary at B1 level of the CEFR; introduce themselves/their field of study/professional goals
- SP4BK_CJAJ English for Special Educators
- Topics: Education, Current problems in schools, Introduction to Special Needs Terminology , Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Intellectual Impairment, Speech Impairment, Physical Impairment, Specific Learning Difficulties Grammar(self-study): Present simple x continuous,Past simple x continuous, Present perfect, Expressing future, Word order, Comparative, Superlative, Adjectives ending with -ed, –ing, Adjectives x Adverbs, Modal verbs, Conditional clauses, Simple passive, Countable x uncountable nouns, Relative pronouns/clauses, Phrasal verbs, Verbs – gerund x infinitive, Prepositions, Prepositional phrases (adjectives, verbs).
- required literature
- E-learning resources in IS.MUNI.CZ -Studijní materiály předmětu SP4BK_CJAJ - Učební materiály
- not specified
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students of English : with answers. Second edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. 300 stran. ISBN 0521559286. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. x, 379. ISBN 0521537622. info
- BEAUMONT, Digby and Colin GRANGER. The Heinemann English grammar. Edited by Ken Singleton. Oxford: Heinemann, 1998. vi, 352. ISBN 0435292196. info
- Hashemi, Louise. Cambridge Practice Tests for PET 1. Cambridge University Press,
- Cambridge preliminary English Test 1 - 5. Cambridge University Press.
- McCARTHY, Michael a Felicity O'DELL. Academic vocabulary in use. 1. vyd.: Cambridge. CUP, 2008. ISBN 9780521689397.
- Teaching methods
- 5 consultations during the semester, activities and tasks developing students' language skills and competencies, class and group discussions, vocabulary practice, mind mapping, opinion and information sharing, giving arguments,etc.
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: 1) Active participation in the consultations (1 absence is admitted), 2) Careful preparation for each consultation (preparing tasks in Home-preparation handouts for each consultation), 3) Final Exam – written + oral part. It is necessary to pass each part of the final exam for at least 65%. The student who has not completed all requirements during the semester cannot take the final exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Jazykový kurz není určen pro začátečníky.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Zápis vyžaduje úspěšné absolvování vstupního testu JVk001 (obvykle v lednu). Výuka probíhá v angličtině. Kurz je ukončen písemnou a ústní zkouškou na úrovni B1.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15 hodin.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Zápis vyžaduje úspěšné absolvování Vstupního testu JVk001 (obvykle v lednu). Výuka probíhá v angličtině a kurz je ukončen písemnou a ústní zkouškou na úrovni B1.