FF:FJ2B025 Contemporary French theater - Course Information
FJ2B025 Contemporary French theaterFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Petr Dytrt, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Nikol Martinková Burianová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Petr Dytrt, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 10:00–11:40 G32
- Knowledge of French at level C1 (CEFRL).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 4/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course aims to approach contemporary French and French-speaking theater. Attention will be paid in particular to the evolution of this son-in-law during the twentieth century and to the analysis of dramatic texts from the end of the twentieth and the beginning of the twenty-first century.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- identify and summarize important features of contemporary French-written theater. ;
- write an essay (dissertation) analyzing and commenting on the basic aesthetic principles of the work of authors based on the analysis of works from compulsory reading;
- critically evaluate and analyze one selected work in the form of a paper in a seminar.
- 1. Introduction;
- 2. evolution of theater in the twentieth century;
- 3. aesthetic principles of contemporary theater;
- 4. analysis of the works;
- 5. conclusions, evaluation.
- required literature
- David Bradby, Le théâtre français contemporain (1940-1980), Lille, Presses Universitaires du Septentrion,
- VIART, Dominique and Bruno VERCIER. La littérature française au présent : héritage, modernité, mutations. Edited by Franck Évrard. Paris: Bordas, 2005. 511 s. ISBN 2047299524. info
- THIBAUDAT, Jean-Pierre. Théâtre français contemporain. [Paris]: Ministere des Affaires étrangeres, 2000. 160 stran. ISBN 2911127773. info
- recommended literature
- Anthologie de la littérature contemporaine française : romans et récits depuis 1980. Edited by Dominique Viart. Paris: Armand Colin, 2013. 291 s. ISBN 9782200287238. info
- Écrire le présent. Edited by Gianfranco Rubino - Dominique Viart. Paris: Armand Colin, 2012. 248 s. ISBN 9782200285432. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture and seminar. In the seminar, students are supposed to have read the books on the list of compulsory readings and prepared for discussion the extracts in study materials. Paper.
- Assessment methods
- Exam - paper and interpretation in form of essay.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/FJ2B025