FF:FJ2B027 The "Hussard" Lit. Movement - Course Information
FJ2B027 The "Hussard" Literary MovementFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Autumn 2022
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Petr Kyloušek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Petr Kyloušek, CSc.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Knowledge of French language at C1 CEFRL level, ability to analyze literary texts.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim is to get acquainted with the main features of the development of French literature during World War II and the post-war period. The "Hussards" represent a specific sector of the relationship between literature and politics, between left and right orientated authors. The acquired informations will be applied to selected works of this period.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student is able to understand the problems of literary development of French literature after 1945, especially the relationship between politics and literature. At the same time he will learn about the structure of the literary field and the factors shaping literary movement in the transition period between Avant-garde to Postmodernism. The acquired informations will be applied to selected works of this period.
- 1) Are the "Hussards" a literary movement? Problem of the literary and historical typology.
- 2) Dynamics of literary structure after 1945
- a) Literature and Politics
- b) Hussards and politics
- c) Hussards' Literary strategy
- d) Hussards' generation strategy
- 4) Hussards'Aesthetics
- a) Aesthetics against history
- b) Between order and rebellion
- c) Dandyism
- d) Subversive poetics
- e) Stendhalisms and cult of youth
- f) Hussards'Aesthetics in the contemporary context
- 5) Authors: Nimier, Blondin, Deon, Laurent
- required literature
- KYLOUŠEK, Petr. Literární hnutí husarů. 1998. , 381. info
- recommended literature
- Nicholas Hewitt, Literature and the Right in Postwar France. The Story of the "Hussards", Oxford (UK) - Herndon (VA, USA), Berg 1996
- Herbert Lottman, L'épuration (1943-1953), Paris, Arthème Fayard et Éditions du Seuil 1986 (Le Livre de Poche)
- Marc Dambre, Roger Nimier. Hussard du demi-siècle, Paris, Flammarion 1989
- Gilles Ragache, Jean-Robert Ragache, La vie quotidienne des écrivains et artistes sous l'occupation (1940-1944), Paris, Hachette 1988
- not specified
- René Rémond, Les droites en France, 4e édition, Paris, Aubier-Montaigne 1982
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars analysing individual documents and works.
- Assessment methods
- Seminar work (18000 characters): analysis of a selected work.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Předmět je určen posluchačům od 6. semestru. Výuka se koná, je-li do ní zapsáno alespoň 5 posluchačů.
- Teacher's information
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2022/FJ2B027