FF:FJ2B034 Conversation analysis - Course Information
FJ2B034 Conversation analysisFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Christophe Gérard L. Cusimano (lecturer)
Mgr. Kristýna Vítková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Christophe Gérard L. Cusimano
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- There is no specific prerequsite, but students should be at least in third year of bachelor's degree.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The purpose of the course is to give an overview of methods in conversation analysis.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, a student should be able to :
- identify and summarize the topics studied ;
- write an essay deepening one of the studied topics in the semester.
- I. Properties of conversations
- II. Methods in analyzing conversations in linguistics
- III. Other methods
- SCHEGLOFF, Emanuel A. Sequence organization in interaction : a primer in conversation analysis. 1st pub. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007. xvi, 300. ISBN 9780521825726. info
- BLANCHET, Alain and Anne GOTMAN. L'enquête et ses méthodes : l'entretien. Edited by François de Syngly. Barcelone: Armand Colin, 2005. 127 s. ISBN 2200342349. info
- Talking cultureethnography and conversation analysis. Edited by Michael Moerman - Harvey Sacks. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1988. xiii, 211. ISBN 9780812200355. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects.
- Assessment methods
- Essay to be written at the end of semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.