FF:MUB_B021 Museum and medium photography - Course Information
MUB_B021 Museum and medium photographyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. BcA. Darina Hlinková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. BcA. Darina Hlinková, Ph.D.
Museology - Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Miriam Molnárová
Supplier department: Museology - Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is:
understand of contemporary photography its history, socio - cultural context, genre, specialization, styles and themes.
Aplication of information for museum practice, museum documentation, presentation and pedagogy.
Modern technology of photography
- Learning outcomes
- - describe and understand of contemporary photography and its history, socio-cultural context, genre, specialization, styles and themes,
- explain the potencial of photography in museum and gallery presentation, museum documentation, museum pedagogy,
- apply modern techniques of photography in practice
- Introduction to photography - basic terms, interpretation, specific.
- History of photography
- Genre and specialization of photography
- Role of photography in museum presentation
- Role of photography in museum documentation
- Role of photography in museum pedagogy
- Photography and modern technology
- Museums of photography
- COSTELLO, Diarmuid a Margaret IVERSEN. Photography after conceptual art. 1st pub. Chichester, West Sussex: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010, vii, 200 s. ISBN 9781444333602.
- EMERLING, Jae. Photography: history and theory. 1st pub. London: Routledge, 2012, xiii, 274 s. ISBN 9780415778541.
- LONG, J, Andrea NOBLE a Edward WELCH. Photography: theoretical snapshots. 1st pub. London: Routledge, 2009, x, 179 s. ISBN 9780415477062.
- A history of photography : from 1839 to the present. Edited by Therese Mulligan - David Wooters. Köln: Taschen, 2010. 766 s. ISBN 9783822847770. info
- BIRGUS, Vladimír and Jan MLČOCH. Czech photography of the 20th century. Prague: KANT, 2010. 394 s. ISBN 9788071010906. info
- The history of European photography : 1900-1938. Edited by Václav Macek. First published in hardcover. Bratislava: Stredoeurópsky dom fotografie, 2010. Strana lxi. ISBN 9788085739558. info
- Vitamin Ph: new perspectives in photography. Edited by T. J. Demos - Vincent Aletti. London: Phaidon, 2006. 352 s. ISBN 0714846562. info
- SONTAG, Susan. O fotografii. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Paseka, 2002. 181 s. ISBN 8071854719. info
- Over exposed : essays on contemporary photography. Edited by Carol Squiers. New York: New Press, 1999. 330 p. ISBN 1565845226. info
- Classic essays on photography. Edited by Alan Trachtenberg - Amy Weinstein Meyers. New Haven, Conn.: Leete's Island Books, 1980. xiii, 300. ISBN 091817208X. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- report and essay
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught once in two years.
The course is taught: every week.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2024/MUB_B021