FF:MUB_B022 English for museology purpose - Course Information
MUB_B022 English for museology purposeFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Lenka Vargová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Macháček, Ph.D.
Division of Museology - Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Miriam Molnárová
Supplier department: Division of Museology - Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 3. 10. 14:00–17:40 M21, Mon 17. 10. 14:00–17:40 M21, Mon 21. 11. 14:00–17:40 M21, Mon 5. 12. 14:00–17:40 M21
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is understand of museological terminology in English.
Understand and explain of museological text in English and be able to communicate with foreign museologists in English.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, a student will be able to:
- understand to scientific texts and use adequate museological terminology in English
- Terminology of general museology.
- Terminology of history od museums and culture.
- Terminology of museum exhibition.
- Terminology of public relations, management and marketing
- DESVAllÉES, André, MAIRESSE, Francois. Museology : back to basics. Morlanwelz : Musée royal de Mariemont, 2009. 321 s.
- Museums after modernism : strategies of engagement. Edited by Griselda Pollock - Joyce Zemans. 1. publ. Malden, USA: Blackwell, 2007. 248 s. ISBN 9781405136273. info
- CARRIER, David. Museum skepticism : a history of the display of art in public galleries. Durham: Duke University Press, 2006. xiii, 313. ISBN 0822336944. info
- What makes a great exhibition? Edited by Paula Marincola. Philadelphia, Pa.: Philadelphia Exhibitions Initiative, 2006. 183 s. ISBN 0970834616. info
- MAROEVIĆ, Ivo. Introduction to museology : the European approach. Edited by Gary Edson. München: Verlag Dr. C. Müller-Straten, 1998. 358 s. ISBN 3932704525. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, projects, e-learning
- Assessment methods
- presentation, test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2022/MUB_B022