FF:MUB_B030 History of culture and cultura - Course Information
MUB_B030 Chapters of the history of culture and cultural policyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- prof. PhDr. Pavol Tišliar, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Pavol Tišliar, PhD.
Division of Museology - Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Miriam Molnárová
Supplier department: Division of Museology - Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course are as follows: to understand the importance of the phenomenon of culture and cultural history in the development of society; to acquire historical milestones, personalities and legislation that shaped cultural policies primarily in the Central European countries during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Learning outcomes
- - to identify and describe important features of the main periods of cultural history focused on Central European countries, especially the lands of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire;
- compare the differences in cultural policies in individual countries' access to cultural heritage;
- know the most important fund and cultural institutions and their development;
- analyze the state and direction of legislation and cultural policy
- Introduction to the subject, methods, basic literature, periodization, sources.
- The phenomenon of culture in the history of human society, the culture-forming proces.
- Development of institutionalization of cultural institutions (Monumentology, Museums, Archives, Libraries).
- Cultural policy, meaning and goals, limits, development.
- International agreements, legislation.
- Hruškovic, M. Kultúrna politika. Bratislava, 1986.
- Friedlell, E. Kulturní dějiny novověku I., II. Praha, 2006.
- Le Goff, J. Kultura středověké Evropy. Praha, 2005.
- CIULISOVÁ, Ingrid: Osudy pamiatok Slovenska 1919-1949. Bratislava, 1994.
- Cave, C. – Negussie, E. World Heritage Conservation: The World Heritage Convention, Linking Culture, New York, 2017.
- Murphy, Bernice L. (ed.) Museums, Ethics and Cultural Heritage, Routledge, 2016.
- Hanuš, J. Dějiny kultury a civilizace západu v 19. století. Brno, 2002.
- Desmarais, France (ed.). Countering Illicit Traffic in Cultural Goods. The Global Challenge of Protecting the World Heritage. Paris: ICOM, 2015.
- Alavera, B. (ed.). Školská vedná a kultúrna politika na Slovensku pred a po roku 1989 v európskom kontexte. Bratislava, 2003.
- Patočka J., Heřmanová E. Lokální a regionální kultura v České republice: kulturní prostor, kulturní politika a kulturní dědictví. Praha, 2008.
- Burke, P. Co je kulturní historie? Praha, 2011.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught once in two years.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (Autumn 2023, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2023/MUB_B030