FF:PHK0001 Phil. for Non-Philosophers - Course Information
PHK0001 Philosophy for Non-Philosophical Disciplines StudentsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- PhDr. Josef Petrželka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Josef Petrželka, Ph.D.
Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Philosophy - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 17. 2. 18:00–19:40 A11, Fri 17. 3. 18:00–19:40 A11, Fri 28. 4. 18:00–19:40 A11
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 50 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to introduce to students philosophical topics and the philosophical way of thinking in three topics:
1. What is philosophy and what is it for? And what does exist? (Ontology, metaphysics.)
2. What can we know? (Epistemology.)
3. How should we live? (Ethics.)
- Learning outcomes
- After the completion of the course the students will be able to explain the basic problems of the 3 topics and possible answers on the 3 questions.
- 1. What is philosophy and what is it for? And what does exist? (Ontology, metaphysics.)
- 2. What can we know? (Epistemology.)
- 3. How should we live? (Ethics.)
- recommended literature
- PEREGRIN, Jaroslav. Filozofie pro normální lidi. Illustrated by Luboš Bokštefl. Praha: Dokořán, 2008. 142 stran. ISBN 9788073631925. info
- POPKIN, Richard H. and Avrum STROLL. Filozofie pro každého. Translated by Karel Berka - Jan Pištěk - Ivana Štekrová. Praha: Ivo Železný, 2000. 407 s. ISBN 8024002574. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, discussion, on-line texts.
- Assessment methods
- Examination in the form of an on-line test from the content of lectures (the detailed slides and videos, which will be included in the Study Materials).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: platí pro obory,které nejsou v~kombinaci s~filozofií.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2023/PHK0001