FF:PSMA020 Psych. Assessment Training - Course Information
PSMA020 Practical Training in Clinical Psychological AssessmentFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/7. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, N-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- Active participation of the student at process of psychological assessment.
The practical training takes place in a psychiatry clinic/ward or under the supervision of a clinical psychologist. Even in case the student does not do the training at a clinical facility, it is necessary that the supervising psychologist enables him/her to complete a psychological diagnostic report of one client.
This course is a part of the clinical psychological assessment practical class and builds on the practical training in psychopathology.
- Learning outcomes
- After completion of the training, students should be able to:
- Choose the appropriate clinical assessment methods;
- Administer basic diagnostic methods;
- Work with patient documentation;
- Write clinical reports;
- Communicate with patients;
- Interpret results of diagnostic methods;
- Understand psychological pathology.
- Course of the training:
- The practice training lasts 7 days and takes place at a chosen psychological/psychiatric facility, which is part of the czech universal heatlhcare system (in case of different facility a consultation with course guarantee is needed).
- Synopsis for the written elaboration of the practice training documentation:
- 1) Description of the workplace, organizational incorporation, scope of employment, current cases, description of student’s participation.
- 2) Current case report – it is obligatory that the student completes a psychological report using knowledge obtained from the used psychological assessment methods, observation and exploration.
- Psychological examination must include the purpose, circumstances of the examination, list of the assessment methods used, analysis, and conclusion of the examination (more information are available at the secretary office of the department of psychology).
- The ethics code must be kept in the case report (anonymity etc.).
- Note: Written elaboration of the examination can be used as the case report needed for the State Exam.
- required literature
- HUMPOLÍČEK, Pavel and Václav ŠNOREK. Psychodiagnostika dospělých. Edited by Mojmír Svoboda. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, 2013. 487 stran. ISBN 9788026203636. info
- American Educational Research Association, American Psychological Association, National Council on Measurement in Education. Standardy pro pedagogické a psychologické testování. Praha: Testcentrum, 2001.
- recommended literature
- LONEKOVÁ, Katarína and David ČÁP. Projektivní metody v psychologické diagnostice. Edited by Kristina Najbrtová - Jiří Šípek. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, 2017. 175 stran. ISBN 9788026212607. info
- YIN, Robert K. Case study research: design and methods. 4. vyd. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 2009, 219 s. ISBN 978-1-412-96099-1.
- Teaching methods
- No weekly seminars/lectures.
Individual intership under supervision of clinical psychologist or psychiatrist in health-care or other psychological facility. Intership focuses on administration and evaluation of basic psychological assessment methods.
- Assessment methods
- Pre-requisites needed to obtain the credit:
1. Certification of the completed short-term attachment (practical training has to be completed at a clinical site or at a clinical psychologist).
2. Active participation under the supervision of a psychologist. Student’s participation will be confirmed by the supervisor of the practice training. It is expected that student will complete a psychological examination of one client, which embodies administration and interpretation of a clinical psychological assessment battery (at least one from each category; all of the below mentioned tests are recommended, not obligatory):
Performance tests (intelligence, memory etc.) Raven, Wechsler (W-B, WAIS-R, WAIS III.), Wechsler Memory.
Personality tests (questionnaires, projective methods, etc.) MMPI, BOD, ICL, KUD, MAS, N 5, Cornell-index, CPI ROR, TAT, Rosenzweig, Wartegg, Sacks.
Differential diagnostic methods (rating scales, organicity tests, etc.) Malamud-Sands, ZPPS Benton, Bender, LFT, DCS. 3. Written elaboration of a short-term attachment document – under the supervision of a psychologist.
Student will summarize one psychological report within the range of 10 or more pages.
Student will also describe the workplace (1/2 page).
4. Written personal evaluation of the practice training. Student will evaluate the contribution of the training to his/her own professional development and will assess the obtained knowledge in relation to the theory;
5. Online evaluation questionnaire - student provides structured feedback on the preparation, course and organizational context of the practice.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7 dní.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/PSMA020