FF:PSMA022 Master's Thesis - Course Information
PSMA022 Master's ThesisFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Kateřina Bartošová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Marek Blatný, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jaroslava Dosedlová, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Jana Marie Havigerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Martin Jelínek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Helena Klimusová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tatiana Malatincová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Alena Slezáčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Zuzana Slováčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Zdenka Stránská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Mojmír Svoboda, CSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Katarína Šafárová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Tomáš Urbánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Lubomír Vašina, CSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Dalibor Vobořil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, N-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is completion and submission of a diploma thesis that meets academic standards.
- Learning outcomes
- Students demonstrate their ability to plan, implement and complete a medium-term project. Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- to formulate a relevant research question;
- to schedule research plan on a specific topic;
- to implement the steps that lead to the realization of the research project;
- to conduct research independently;
- to present the results in a standard written form, which meets the standards of academic discourse.
- Preparation of students for the successful completion of the diploma thesis (theoretical or research work, usually about 140000 characters). During the consultation, attention is paid to the content and formal criteria of the written diploma thesis. The content aspects of the work:
- - the clarity, specificity, complexity and feasibility of the objective,
- - level of description of the current state of knowledge,
- - the rationale and suitability of the methodology chosen,
- - compliance with the process requirements, complexity and quality of the solution,
- - level of interpretation and discussion of acquired knowledge,
- - the ability to name the limits of the study,
- - explicit naming of ethical aspects of the study and its rigorous compliance in all phases of the solution and publication of the study results.
- The formal aspects of the work:
- - the structure of the diploma thesis (f.e. the research work is based on the IMRAD model),
- - quality of work with professional literature (information sources, citation format),
- - terminology, stylistics and grammar,
- - level of documentation (tables, graphs, pictures, attachments),
- - carefullness and accuracy of text processing.
- The course is finished by uploading an approved master's thesis to the information system.
- dle tematu diplomové práce - viz zadání diplomové práce
- Teaching methods
- individual consultations with the thesis supervisor on an as-needed basis
- Assessment methods
- Adoption completed thesis to the defense supervisor affirms granting credit.
Credit for this course is awarded by the thesis supervisor based on his/her evaluation of the student’s progress in writing the diploma thesis.
Classified evaluation thesis is the result of the defense, which is based on reports opponent and their supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/PSMA022